The shock, the horror!

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Look at this upcoming AsRock board and guess what's so horrible about it. See it? Yes! A freaking fan! I thought they were gone forever but no, some ass decided to put fans again on motherboards! This is Hell. Humanity is doomed.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What kind of branding is ASRock? It sounds like someone is sitting with their ass on a rock.

It looks like a goofy design. Why are there memory slots on either side of the CPU? It looks like the heatsink/fan would be even more of a hassle to install than usual.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Isn't Asrock the cheapo version of Asus? Asus, the group that recently had a big PR effort to teach people how to pronounce their name....incorrectly.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Yes, AsRock is the cheapo branding of Asus and the memory sockets are designed to be on each side of the LGA2011 socket. There's nothing wrong there. What's wrong is the chipset fan. The return of the chipset fan ; now I know for sure that God doesn't exist.

ddrueding

Fixture
Asrock, like being rocked in the ass, is cool, if you're into that kinda thing. Me? I'm with Coug, but I wasn't going to buy an Asrock board anyway.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Let's not throw stones at anybody who is up for having their ass rocked. At least they're not buying motherboards with fans on the bridge chips.

LunarMist

The last time I had a board with one of the those small fans was nearly 10 decades ago on an AMD system. Why don't they make the heatsink larger, or is that too expensive?

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Actually nice color scheme, but yeah....the chipset fan is retarded.

ASRock used to be a subsidiary of ASUS (the budget division) but I think they are a completely separate company now.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Just so you know, he wrote nearly 10 decades. And even if it was a full ten decades, then it would mean that AMD sold computers in 1911, so they would have also sold computer systems by 1914 since they still sell computer parts nowadays. All this, in Lunar's hypothetical world, of course.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Wow, AMD sold computer systems during World War I. Didn't know.
They most definitely did. One of my grandfathers had an AMD VTCPU-01 1-bit vacuum tube processor running at 3 KHz with 12 bits of relay-based RAM. This was considered state of the art for the time. :rofl:

LunarMist

I can't find anything about that. According to their site AMD started in 1969.

LunarMist

What did he do for AMD? Anyway, my comment was originally that it had been nearly ten years since fans were needed. Then I decided to make it a decade, but left in the ten by mistake.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I can't find anything about that. According to their site AMD started in 1969.
facepalm1-1eb87f8.jpg

LunarMist

Apparently I am making a fool of myself, but keep in mind that I'm not from an IT background. Wikipedia indicates the Turtledove is a fiction writer. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any of his works.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Apparently I am making a fool of myself, but keep in mind that I'm not from an IT background. Wikipedia indicates the Turtledove is a fiction writer. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with any of his works.

I had to look it up as well.:rofl:

paugie

Storage is cool
Hello, guys. Thanks for the early morning chuckles.
I have been enjoying the Kindle and the "No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series. The books are about people in Botswana. Fiction. The TV series died after a pilot and 6 episodes