The storageforum Audi S4 Thread

Stereodude

Not really a
The more I look at the clear bra work I paid dearly for, the more and more unhappy I am with the quality of the job. I will be calling and having a heart to heart with the installer on Monday. There are air bubbles or debris under many of the pieces. Some of the edges are peeling back. There are gaps by the edges that are up to 1/2" wide on a few panels that aren't covered with film (the film just doesn't go to the edge).

I swear for the amount I paid I could have bought a pile of raw film, tried it myself learning as I go, and gotten better results.

The good news is I paid with an American Express if worse comes to worse I can dispute the charge if the installer isn't willing to fix it.

Stereodude

Not really a
So I have a tentative appointment with the clear bra guy tomorrow. I'm holding off putting on the supercharged badges until I know what's going on with it.

I did some VCDS mods on the S4 yesterday like the remote window and sunroof opening, the lap timer, high beam independence for the fogs, etc. Reportedly, my oCarbon trim is finally shipping today (less the Quattro badge I have to swap myself). I got my wheels ordered from TireRack today and they should arrive tomorrow. The car is Opti-coat'd (including the windows, but not the hood). Window tint is still on the agenda.

Stereodude

Not really a
I now have a tracking number for my silver "carbon fiber" trim. Per FedEx it is supposed arrive on Friday. My Enkei Raijin wheels arrived yesterday and I got them cleaned and Opti-coat'd last night. I had just enough Opti-coat to finish the wheels. It seemed to get used up a lot faster on the S4. It was hard to see how much was going on the wheels, so I may have used more than was necessary there. I still have some other things I want to Opti-coat on my wife's car as well as the factory wheels when they come off the car so I've ordered another syringe.

I have an appointment for window tint next Friday morning (8/3). My plan is to put Llumar Blue Air 80 on all the windows and Llumar CTX 40 on the moonroof.

The clear bra installer fixed most of my complaints about the install yesterday and said he would re-do the hood if the problems don't clear themselves up in the sun in the next few weeks.

I still want to test the SD card file number limit of the radio. It doesn't index the card and just presents it as folders you can browse / navigate, so I don't really understand why there is a limit on how many files it can address. I guess I will find out if it's been enhanced for 2013 after I play with it more.

Stereodude

Not really a
So, I tried a SD card with 7000 songs on it (in several hundred folders) and I had no problem playing random tracks from all over the card.

Then I had the bright idea to read the manual for the MMI Nav. +. It says on page 17 there is a limit of 5000 files per folder and 1000 files per playlist, but that's it. There is no maximum number of files per memory card or USB device. It does say that 32GB memory cards are the limit. It also notes the MMI Nav. + unit can play video files (MPEG-1/2, Xvid, DiVX, H.264, WMV9) up to 720x576 in resolution, up to 25fps, up to 2000kbit/sec.

Stereodude

Not really a
So the 64GB Sandisk Ultra SDXC card I got failed after I copied about 20GB to it. :cursin: Now I get to play the warranty game with Sandisk since I bought it on ebay. The seller says it was purchased from Beach Camera.

I got my interior LEDs installed in the car yesterday. Today I saw the eBay seller I used lowered their prices noticeably from when I ordered. Oh well... FWIW, you can now get a full compliment of the 14 LED bulbs needed for the interior, glove compartment, and trunk for $28.58 (including shipping).

Handruin

Administrator
I read you mentioning that over on AZ. Bummer to hear the card is faulty. I've been searching around for an SD card also but haven't pulled the trigger on anything.

I've done nothing to my S4 yet except drive it around and enjoy it. :) I am expecting a shipment of detailing supplies soon from detailers' domain so I can wash and detail the car. It's been raining a bunch here so it's dirty. Lots of brake dust on the wheels already. I'll take a look into the LED bulbs. The price sounds fairly good. Was it a pain to change them all? The oCarbon trims looks nice. I looked through the install procedure and I'm happy I didn't have to do any of that, especially the center console piece. Glad you got the Expel situation worked out with the installer. Sounded like it could have been a pain in the ass. How is it looking now?

Stereodude

Not really a
I'll take a look into the LED bulbs. The price sounds fairly good. Was it a pain to change them all?
Nah, it's pretty easy. There are a few good threads on AZ that get into some of the particulars of doing it, but aside from the T25 screw and the overhead center console it's all popping things loose with a trim tool or flat screwdriver.

The oCarbon trims looks nice. I looked through the install procedure and I'm happy I didn't have to do any of that, especially the center console piece.
It's actually worse than the instructions let on because there's an extra connector on the back of the HVAC unit holding the wiring to it (sort of like a cable tie). I wasn't able to get it to pull out and I didn't want to cut it, so that complicated things since it's basically tethered and dangling the whole time. Then, the shifter knob does not pull off like the instructions say. Maybe it does on the DSG, but it doesn't on the 6MT. You have to cut or remove a crimp on band clamp at the base of the knob and later replace it with a hose clamp (per the Eurocode short shifter instructions). I didn't want to do that, so I chose to remove the center console with the piece attached to the shifter by the boot. That meant I had to fit it through the opening when removing or installing the console which needless to say complicated things further.

Glad you got the Expel situation worked out with the installer. Sounded like it could have been a pain in the ass. How is it looking now?
It looks better now that it's been trimmed up. The hood needs to be redone, but the installer said he would redo it if it didn't clear up in the heat.

The car is getting tint put on it as I write this. I went Llumar Air Blue 80 on all the windows except the moonroof. The moonroof gets Llumar Charcoal CTX 30.

Handruin

Administrator
Wow, that center trim piece does sound like a PITA. I wouldn't have been happy to have taken apart a brand new car like that. I noticed a slight difference in my carbon atlas trim compared to yours. Mine has a chrome-like piece on the top edge of the trim whereas your oCarbon trim does not. I didn't notice in the pictures, but is there a gap in the panel where that extra piece would normally fit in?

I got my supplies from detailers domain this afternoon. I'm missing a few bottles (5) of the Sonax wheel cleaner. I tried calling and emailing them, but I haven't heard back yet. I ordered a variety of things to get me started in cleaning the car. I got:

1x Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner 500 ml 5 Pack + 1 Free
1x Uber Firehose Spray Nozzle
1x Grit Guard Dual Bucket Washing System
4x Uber All Purpose Microfiber Towels
1x MicroRestore Microfiber Detergent (1 gallon)
4x Uber Microfiber Applicator Pad
1x Adam's Car Wash 1 gallon
2x Uber Waffle Weave Drying Towel 24 x36
1x Uber Spoke Brush
1x Uber Boar's Hair Wheel Brush
1x Adam's All Purpose Cleaner 16oz
1x Adam's Clay Bar Grey Professional Grade
4x Uber Yellow Wax Applicator Pad
1x Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax No. 845
1x Gilmour Foamaster II Quart
4x Uber Quick Detail Microfiber Towel
1x Adam's Detail Spray 1 gallon
1x 1Z einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Remover
1x Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Trigger Spray Bottle

Stereodude

Not really a
Wow, that center trim piece does sound like a PITA. I wouldn't have been happy to have taken apart a brand new car like that. I noticed a slight difference in my carbon atlas trim compared to yours. Mine has a chrome-like piece on the top edge of the trim whereas your oCarbon trim does not. I didn't notice in the pictures, but is there a gap in the panel where that extra piece would normally fit in?
Do you have a picture? I wasn't aware there's a chrome piece on the Audi CF inlays. There is no gap on the oCarbon inlays. The fit is nearly identical to the standard aluminum trigon inlays with the exception of the quattro badge. It's completely on the surface of the oCarbon trim whereas it's partially sunk into the Al trigon inlays.

You should have bought more microfibers. :bomb: Sam's Club and Costco both sell them. Costco has 32 (might be 36) microfiber towels for $15.99 around here. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is at Sam's. With only a few you'll be running a lot of very small loads of laundry.

Handruin

Administrator
Do you have a picture? I wasn't aware there's a chrome piece on the Audi CF inlays. There is no gap on the oCarbon inlays. The fit is nearly identical to the standard aluminum trigon inlays with the exception of the quattro badge. It's completely on the surface of the oCarbon trim whereas it's partially sunk into the Al trigon inlays.

Here are a few pics I took with my phone. I can take better ones in the daylight tomorrow, but you can see the extra lip of trim on the top and side edge. It's not on the center console trim, only on the dash and doors.
http://imgur.com/a/UT6Tx

You should have bought more microfibers. :bomb: Sam's Club and Costco both sell them. Costco has 32 (might be 36) microfiber towels for $15.99 around here. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is at Sam's. With only a few you'll be running a lot of very small loads of laundry.

I will get more eventually. I just wanted a few to get me started. I plan on washing them after each car wash. Thanks for the tip on Costco or sams club. I'll take a look there. How is the quality of their towels? I haven't really gone through the stuff I bought yet except to take inventory.

Stereodude

Not really a
Nah, it's pretty easy. There are a few good threads on AZ that get into some of the particulars of doing it, but aside from the T25 screw and the overhead center console it's all popping things loose with a trim tool or flat screwdriver.
Here are two of the threads I found helpful: Thread 1 & Thread 2
Post with links to the bulbs I bought.

The car is getting tint put on it as I write this. I went Llumar Air Blue 80 on all the windows except the moonroof. The moonroof gets Llumar Charcoal CTX 30.
I got the car back in the late afternoon. It needs to dry out a little more, but I'm very happy with the results. Subjectively the car feels considerably cooler now in terms of the sunlight on my skin / clothes.

Stereodude

Not really a
Here are a few pics I took with my phone. I can take better ones in the daylight tomorrow, but you can see the extra lip of trim on the top and side edge. It's not on the center console trim, only on the dash and doors.
http://imgur.com/a/UT6Tx
You don't need to take any more pictures. I got the idea.

I will get more eventually. I just wanted a few to get me started. I plan on washing them after each car wash. Thanks for the tip on Costco or sams club. I'll take a look there. How is the quality of their towels? I haven't really gone through the stuff I bought yet except to take inventory.
Reportedly the Sam's ones are nicer and hold up better after washing. The Costco ones are pretty good though. However, after a few washes they seem to get a little coarse / grabby. I probably wouldn't use ones that have been washed several times for a final step on the paint. However there are lots of other things you can use them for. For the price you though can't beat them. I bought two packages some time back when Costco has a coupon on them dropping them to $9.99 (I think, but it might have been $11.99).

Handruin

Administrator
I'll be sure to report back how they hold up after a few uses. What do you wash yours with? I bought a gallon of the microfiber restore detergent stuff. I hope it helps to make them last.

Did you end up getting the dipstick? Is this thing really $27 or is there another one to buy?

Handruin

Administrator
It doesn't come with one since it's reported in the MMI. I thought it would be handy to have a more-accurate measurement.

Stereodude

Not really a
I'll be sure to report back how they hold up after a few uses. What do you wash yours with? I bought a gallon of the microfiber restore detergent stuff. I hope it helps to make them last.
I bought a variety of microfibers from DD also. I use them with the Costco ones. I've been washing them with the same microfiber restore detergent that you got. I got a 32oz container though.

Did you end up getting the dipstick? Is this thing really $27 or is there another one to buy?
Yes, I bought one. I got it from ECS Tuning. They're cheaper than Europa.

Handruin

Administrator
I bought a variety of microfibers from DD also. I use them with the Costco ones. I've been washing them with the same microfiber restore detergent that you got. I got a 32oz container though.

Yes, I bought one. I got it from ECS Tuning. They're cheaper than Europa.

$18.95 for the dipstick, $11.18 for basic shipping ($30.13) vs $26.95 plus $7.02 shipping ($33.97). The shipping makes them close...still your option was cheaper. Thanks for the link.

Stereodude

Not really a
$18.95 for the dipstick, $11.18 for basic shipping ($30.13) vs $26.95 plus $7.02 shipping ($33.97). The shipping makes them close...still your option was cheaper. Thanks for the link.
I bought some other stuff from ECS so the shipping charges were diluted over more items so it wasn't as bad.

By the way, I noticed you didn't have any wash media in your order? Do you have any sponges or mitts?

Handruin

Administrator
Yeah I missed that. I used the wrong item. I washed my car with the blue Uber microfiber applicator pad. It's spongy like a wash sponge. :-/ It actually worked really well. I need to find a better sponge though. I also realized I would like one of those brass quick disconnects. The foaming gun worked great today but I was switching back and forth between that and the firehose attachment. It was better than I expected for soaping/foaming the car. The sonax wheel cleaner didn't work as well as I hoped. Lots I people rave about it but I felt like it didn't do a lot. Neither did the bug remover spray. I used that on my fiancé's car. I'll have to give her car a bit of clay work to remove the rest.

Stereodude

Not really a
Yeah I missed that. I used the wrong item. I washed my car with the blue Uber microfiber applicator pad. It's spongy like a wash sponge. :-/ It actually worked really well. I need to find a better sponge though.
Of the various things I've tried I really like the Mothers Lambwool wash mitt for washing. It's very gentle and glides over the car. Number two would be the yellow uber wash sponge from DD. It is reasonably gentle. I found the old standby grout sponge seems to grabs the car / paint much more. That leads me to believe there's much more abrasion between it and the car given the extra friction.

I also realized I would like one of those brass quick disconnects. The foaming gun worked great today but I was switching back and forth between that and the firehose attachment. It was better than I expected for soaping/foaming the car.
The quick disconnects are a must if you're switching between attachments on the end of the hose. However, since I got my foam lance I don't do anymore switching of the hose since it's always attached to the pressure washer and I'm swapping pressure washer wands / attachments.

What soap dilution did you use in the foam gun and what mixture setting did you use on the gun?

The sonax wheel cleaner didn't work as well as I hoped. Lots I people rave about it but I felt like it didn't do a lot.
What did or didn't it do that you were expecting it to do? I've been very impressed with Sonax. Spray it on, let it sit, and wash it off and presto! clean wheels. I want to get the wheel woolies from DD though for those times a little physical agitation is needed.

Neither did the bug remover spray. I used that on my fiancé's car. I'll have to give her car a bit of clay work to remove the rest.
FWIW, I've found that bugs come off pretty easily if the car is waxed (or similarly protected) during the normal wash without any special attention or chemicals. I might need to hit them with the wash media a 2nd time or a rub a little harder, but nothing crazy.

Handruin

Administrator
Of the various things I've tried I really like the Mothers Lambwool wash mitt for washing. It's very gentle and glides over the car. Number two would be the yellow uber wash sponge from DD. It is reasonably gentle. I found the old standby grout sponge seems to grabs the car / paint much more. That leads me to believe there's much more abrasion between it and the car given the extra friction.

That mitt looks soft. I ordered a couple of the uber yellow sponges this evening to get me closer to a proper sponge.

The quick disconnects are a must if you're switching between attachments on the end of the hose. However, since I got my foam lance I don't do anymore switching of the hose since it's always attached to the pressure washer and I'm swapping pressure washer wands / attachments.

What soap dilution did you use in the foam gun and what mixture setting did you use on the gun?

While I was ordering supplies, I may have ordered a few additional items. :) I ordered the brass quick disconnect set and valve. I also got a few more microfiber towels for interior and windows and an interior cleaning kit by einszett. I also ordered some of the Adams window cleaner (1-gallon with Kwazar Mercury Pro spray bottle). I didn't know about the wheel woolies until you mentioned it, so I stole your idea and ordered the Wheel Woolies Bundle which came with another Sonax bottle. I'll let you know how they work. They will help me clean both vehicle's wheels.

So, I am suspecting that I may have done things incorrectly based on what you asked me regarding the foam gun. I did not dilute the Adams wash shampoo/soap that I put into the bottle. I did not see that mentioned in the instructions so it looks like I ran full strength. I filled the bottle up about 3/4 of the way. I'll have to do some looking to see how I should be diluting it. As for the mixture settings, I used letter C through E at various times. I felt like letters A through C were far too watery and it was running off the car too quickly. I still need to experiment a bit more, but it seemed to work well in covering the entire car.

What did or didn't it do that you were expecting it to do? I've been very impressed with Sonax. Spray it on, let it sit, and wash it off and presto! clean wheels. I want to get the wheel woolies from DD though for those times a little physical agitation is needed.

FWIW, I've found that bugs come off pretty easily if the car is waxed (or similarly protected) during the normal wash without any special attention or chemicals. I might need to hit them with the wash media a 2nd time or a rub a little harder, but nothing crazy.

I sprayed down each wheel with the Sonax and waited a few minutes for it to do its work. Afterward I used the firehose attachment to spray the wheels clean, but there was still a lot of brake dust remaining on all the wheels. I was expecting most of it to wash off but it didn't. I suspected that maybe the wheels were too warm from being outside all day (it was 96F today). So to test this as a possible theory, I did the wheels on my fiance's CR-V which were much cooler because her car was inside the garage and I had the same result. Some of the brake dust came off, but I have to spend a lot of time cleaning them manually with a sponge and water. The brake dust came off very easy, it wasn't caked/baked on either car, so that wasn't a reason either. Maybe I'm not using enough of it or I'm not waiting long enough for it to work. I felt like it had started to dry, so I didn't want to leave it sit. It turned red like the instructions said it would.

It makes sense bugs would come off easier when there is a good wax on the car. Her car hasn't had anything put on it since she bought it in February so it's a safe bet there is no good protection on it. I plan to clay her car and put some some of the wax I bought on her car. That should help future bug splatters.

Stereodude

Not really a
I didn't know about the wheel woolies until you mentioned it, so I stole your idea and ordered the Wheel Woolies Bundle which came with another Sonax bottle. I'll let you know how they work. They will help me clean both vehicle's wheels.
I also ordered the wheel woolies today. :)

So, I am suspecting that I may have done things incorrectly based on what you asked me regarding the foam gun. I did not dilute the Adams wash shampoo/soap that I put into the bottle. I did not see that mentioned in the instructions so it looks like I ran full strength. I filled the bottle up about 3/4 of the way. I'll have to do some looking to see how I should be diluting it. As for the mixture settings, I used letter C through E at various times. I felt like letters A through C were far too watery and it was running off the car too quickly. I still need to experiment a bit more, but it seemed to work well in covering the entire car.
It's not necessarily wrong. That's how I started using it. Straight soap but I used C (I think). Then I read that most people were diluting the soap in the bottle and using E. Ultimately, I don't really think it makes much difference other than with the latter method you can change the mix every wash since the 32oz mix only lasts one car without having to pour out and clean the bottle of the full strength soap concentrate. I think it might also spray foam a little further since the soap mix isn't as thick making the water work as hard drawing it out of the tank.

I sprayed down each wheel with the Sonax and waited a few minutes for it to do its work. Afterward I used the firehose attachment to spray the wheels clean, but there was still a lot of brake dust remaining on all the wheels. I was expecting most of it to wash off but it didn't. I suspected that maybe the wheels were too warm from being outside all day (it was 96F today). So to test this as a possible theory, I did the wheels on my fiance's CR-V which were much cooler because her car was inside the garage and I had the same result. Some of the brake dust came off, but I have to spend a lot of time cleaning them manually with a sponge and water. The brake dust came off very easy, it wasn't caked/baked on either car, so that wasn't a reason either. Maybe I'm not using enough of it or I'm not waiting long enough for it to work. I felt like it had started to dry, so I didn't want to leave it sit. It turned red like the instructions said it would.
I believe the instructions do say to not to use it on hot wheels. I haven't used it with a hose, just a pressure washer, so that may account for my different impressions of it. I haven't noticed brake dust left behind. FWIW, my coworker said he isn't able to wash off the "red" Sonax with just a hose and it requires agitation. I haven't had that problem either. :scratch:

In other news I painted the inside of the plastic housings of many of the lights (door bottoms and trunk) with satin white Krylon Fusion spray paint. I was going for a diffuse reflector instead of a specular reflector like I saw other people did. Here are a few pictures. I was surprised to see the housings were just black plastic originally.

Click the thumbnails for full size.

Handruin

Administrator
I also ordered the wheel woolies today. :)

It's not necessarily wrong. That's how I started using it. Straight soap but I used C (I think). Then I read that most people were diluting the soap in the bottle and using E. Ultimately, I don't really think it makes much difference other than with the latter method you can change the mix every wash since the 32oz mix only lasts one car without having to pour out and clean the bottle of the full strength soap concentrate. I think it might also spray foam a little further since the soap mix isn't as thick making the water work as hard drawing it out of the tank.
Nice. I saw the thread on AZ that Phil posted. Sounds like they hold up really well with constant use.

My feeling with using the soap undiluted is that (like today) when I was finished washing, I poured the remaining soap back into the bottle to use for another day rather than wasting it. Maybe that isn't good practice, but I couldn't see a reason why I should not save it.

I believe the instructions do say to not to use it on hot wheels. I haven't used it with a hose, just a pressure washer, so that may account for my different impressions of it. I haven't noticed brake dust left behind. FWIW, my coworker said he isn't able to wash off the "red" Sonax with just a hose and it requires agitation. I haven't had that problem either. :scratch:

In other news I painted the inside of the plastic housings of many of the lights (door bottoms and trunk) with satin white Krylon Fusion spray paint. I was going for a diffuse reflector instead of a specular reflector like I saw other people did. Here are a few pictures. I was surprised to see the housings were just black plastic originally.

Click the thumbnails for full size.

Yes, they do say to not use it on hot wheels, but I wasn't sure how hot they meant. Mine were probably too warm, but like I mentioned, the other car's wheels were cool when I cleaned them and still it didn't wash off easily. Maybe having the power washer makes the difference. I was able to wash off the red residue unlike your coworker.

Was it worth painting the light housings white? Seems like a lot of work to take them all apart for a small amount of light gain.

Stereodude

Not really a
My feeling with using the soap undiluted is that (like today) when I was finished washing, I poured the remaining soap back into the bottle to use for another day rather than wasting it. Maybe that isn't good practice, but I couldn't see a reason why I should not save it.
When I was using it straight in the foam gun I didn't even bother to pour it out. I just left it in there for next time.

Was it worth painting the light housings white? Seems like a lot of work to take them all apart for a small amount of light gain.
I'm not so sure. I haven't put them back together in the car yet. It should make a noticeable improvement in the light output from the LEDs since most of the light is going into the black plastic "reflector". FWIW, they're easy to get at and remove. It only takes a few seconds. It took me a bit longer longer to tape them up masking them though.

Handruin

Administrator
When I was using it straight in the foam gun I didn't even bother to pour it out. I just left it in there for next time.

I'm not so sure. I haven't put them back together in the car yet. It should make a noticeable improvement in the light output from the LEDs since most of the light is going into the black plastic "reflector". FWIW, they're easy to get at and remove. It only takes a few seconds. It took me a bit longer longer to tape them up masking them though.

The reason I poured it back into the jug was so I could clean out the container and put water in it so I could flush water through the tubes in the foam gun. I didn't want it getting gunked in the tube.

I never felt like the lights in the car were too dim that they would require a more-reflective surface. :) Are the LEDs not as bright as the factory bulbs?

Stereodude

Not really a
I never felt like the lights in the car were too dim that they would require a more-reflective surface. :) Are the LEDs not as bright as the factory bulbs?
These are only for the lights under the door panels and the trunk light. I would say the LEDs aren't any dimmer than the original lights. I'm not sure if they're brighter or not though.

ddrueding

Fixture
The reason I poured it back into the jug was so I could clean out the container and put water in it so I could flush water through the tubes in the foam gun. I didn't want it getting gunked in the tube.

I have been leaving the soap in the bottle and haven't noticed any issues. Of course, mine is attached to a pressure washer, so it is unlikely anything could stand in the way long. Soap has been in there for about a month so far with a wash about every week.

Handruin

Administrator
I have been leaving the soap in the bottle and haven't noticed any issues. Of course, mine is attached to a pressure washer, so it is unlikely anything could stand in the way long. Soap has been in there for about a month so far with a wash about every week.

Thanks for the info. I was just being extra cautious to start. In your setup, I agree...the power washer will take car of some of it. I'm not sure how yours works, but I feel like it pulls the soap in by way of a vacuum. In that case, if the feeder tub clogs up, I don't think even the power washer would help. I purchased some inexpensive funnels and some more supplies, so it's no big deal to transfer it back and forth for now.

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for clarifying, I just didn't know what it was officially called. :)

Stereodude

Not really a
I got my Enkei Raijin wheels installed yesterday. Sorry, I didn't bother to take any pictures yet.

I did weigh the stock Audi 18" wheels though. They're right at 28lbs a piece. The Enkei's pretty much matched up with TireRack's number of 21.1lbs.

Handruin

Administrator
Nice. Sounds like a good weight reduction. Are they in better shape than the Forgestar wheels? I'm interested in how they look whenever you have a chance to post a picture.

Stereodude

Not really a
Are they in better shape than the Forgestar wheels?
Yes, the finish quality was much better. They still weren't exactly flawless, but the defects were fewer, much smaller, and considerably less obvious. I felt the finish was better than acceptable.

I'm interested in how they look whenever you have a chance to post a picture.
I'll try to get a few photos today.

While we're on the topic of wheels, I noticed that CampioniShop posted on AZ that they have two sets of Forgestar 18x8.5 wheels in stock ready to ship. One of them is 100% what I ordered and returned. I'd guess that those are the wheels I returned.

Handruin

Administrator
Yes, the finish quality was much better. They still weren't exactly flawless, but the defects were fewer, much smaller, and considerably less obvious. I felt the finish was better than acceptable.

I'll try to get a few photos today.

While we're on the topic of wheels, I noticed that CampioniShop posted on AZ that they have two sets of Forgestar 18x8.5 wheels in stock ready to ship. One of them is 100% what I ordered and returned. I'd guess that those are the wheels I returned.

I actually saw that post before you mentioned it and the first thing I was thinking were that they were your old wheels. I remembered the size and offset. That's really shady if they're selling them again.

Handruin

Administrator
I don't have a problem with them selling them again if they were upfront and honest about them.

I agree, but I didn't see any mention in their post that the wheels were used/cosmetically blemished, so if they are yours, I felt it was shady.

Handruin

Administrator
Looks good. How do they feel? Can you notice the weight difference at all?

Stereodude

Not really a
Looks good. How do they feel? Can you notice the weight difference at all?
I can't really say that I've noticed any difference from the weight. Then again I'm still in the break in period so I haven't really been hammering on it other than the occasional WOT + engine breaking jaunts.