This must be slow, DD: Time to upgrade?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Thanks David
That's GREAT news....
Hopefully I'll be down Sunday to pick it up, along with work.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
I should be done around 2PM in Salinas doing a tourney.

Does that work for you, on Sunday?

gs

ddrueding

Fixture
I ordinarily wouldn't use a thread to do what is likely a 1-on-1 communication, but this machine is all this thread is about, others might be interested and things have been slow around here ;)

Of course, once addresses or dollar amounts are mentioned, all that is e-mail.

ddrueding

Fixture
It seems one of the main issues of the overheating is that the GTX 295 has a large part of your cat in the heatsink assembly that I am unable to extract. The only loose and known working GPU I have kicking around is a GTX 690 if you are interested ;)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Interesting. I would have thought if cat hair got into the grooves of the GPU heat sink, the same would have happened to the CPU heat sink. Any idea why it didn't?

His cat probably used to sit on / near the PC because of its warmth. Fortunately mine don't come anywhere near.

ddrueding

Fixture
The CPU heatsink (and the rest of the system) were equally loaded, but those are accessible. The GPU heatsink is completely boxed in with a squirrel cage on one end and grille on the other. There is no easy way to get into this box without removing the heatsink assembly from the GPU which involves a whole lot of tiny screws and some plastic clips which I will likely break.

Handruin

Administrator
I ordinarily wouldn't use a thread to do what is likely a 1-on-1 communication, but this machine is all this thread is about, others might be interested and things have been slow around here ;)

Of course, once addresses or dollar amounts are mentioned, all that is e-mail.

I was questioning Lunar's interest in using pre-menstrual as a method , not you. :)

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
My thoughts.
The front of the 180 is really annoying. I don't like to have to open the front of the box every time I turn on the computer, and the plastic stuff they use to secure it is weak, and bended.
Right now I have propped it so the front will not allow cat hair to enter, and will have to come in the sides.

Jumpster likes the exhaust fans. She does shed a bit, but, I haven't really noticed a lot of cat hair. It's been a long time since DD built this computer.

The problem was I didn't really think it would be a big deal to have the front door off. Combine that with a dead Lighton Bluray player, a couple dead removable drive bays, and you have a straight shot from the front, and it seems the fans of the 295 are very good at sucking in cat hair...

I like the stronger, if noiser fan at the top. I needed that, since dust and cat hair might enter from the top, with a slow fan. I knock the guard off, since I put my laptop on top of the computer, and the
grill is annoying, and gets in the way.

DD, thanks for the work, and it was exactly what I needed at the time. If the card dies...I've had a couple good months...

Thank you DD, and all.