TI launch faster SSD.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Read the announcement : announcement
The RamSan 400, a solid state disk with 4 gigabit Fibre Channel interfaces that can perform 500,000 I/Os per second, is available in capacities ranging from 32GB to 128GB. ADVERTISEMENT

Although the company's previous product, based on 2G Fibre Channel technology, performed fast enough for many customers, some customers found that they were hampered by the 2G Fibre Channel speed limitations, said Woody Hutsell, executive vice president of the Houston, Texas-based company.

"Most of our customers are [concerned with] database environments, and for those customers, systems are typically configured so that they have one link that's moving data between their server and storage device," he said.

"By moving to the 4G interface connection, we can do more of their database transactions on a single link than we could do before."
I post it just for your general knowledge. The thing is surely expensive as Hell.

.Nut

Learning Storage Performance
That's NOT Texas Instruments (TI), that's actually Texas Memory Systems (TMS).

Texas Memory Systems has been around nearly 30 years producing these sorts of exotic drives -- most are in the neighbourhood of US$1 million apiece (or more). They also OEM some of the "smaller" (US$100 000+) solid-state drives to other manufactures and resellers that add value to them (i.e. -- VARs). Even at these sort of nose-bleed high prices -- as I hear -- they can't make them fast enough!

By chance, there's a large Texas Instruments factory not too far away, about a 30-minute drive southwest of Texas Memory Systems' office. TMS is located on the west side of Houston, just around the corner from mainframe software behemoth BMC. Compaq is about a an hour's drive off to the northwest.

http://www.computerworld.com/hardwa...10801,103373,00.html?source=NLT_SU&nid=103373