Tom's graphic cards comparison

James

Storage is cool
It's interesting to see where various older graphics cards end up. I have a Geforce 2 GTS and it's soundly trounced in most cases by the new Geforce 4MX 440. This is something you don't usually find out unless you're prepared to go back and find out how a GF2GTS compares to a GF2Pro, then that with a GF3Ti200, and then you can compare that with the GF4MX440 - reviewers don't seem to believe that people might actually hang on to cards more than 12 months old. It's also useful to see how well the GF3Ti200 does even against the latest cards. The ATI cards make a pretty good showings as well.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I currently have a GeForce 3Ti 200 and a TNT-2 Pro at home, as well as an ATI Radeon 32MB DDR on a foreign computer. I didn't think the Radeon 32MB DDR was so low-end by now, but I'm still very satisfied with the performances of my GF3 Ti 200.

The GeForce 4Ti 4200 is performing really well considering its seling price. ATI will still need to tweak their drivers quite a bit if they want their Radeon 8500 to remain competitive against it, giving their similar price.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I would've liked a V5 for comparison's sake. They threw in the TNT2.

I'm more than impressed with the showing my $60something Radeon 7500s made, though. It's bumping up against the fastest GF2s and not more than a couple percent slower than the low-end GF3 for most things.