photo Travel Insurance

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Who do you use for international travel insurance? There are numerous companies, but all the fine print gives a headache. :(
The policies are around 4-6% depending on coverage and type of evacuation.
The main problem is that you have to buy the insurance at time of deposition, or there is a pre-existing condition exclusion.
I always get the feeling they will screw us, but nowadays the evacuation/repatriation is more commonly required locally.

LunarMist

Living dangerously? But what do you do about the evacuation?

LunarMist

There is the medjetassist, but I don't know how that works together with traditional comprehensive travel insurance.
The crux of the dilemma is whether it is better for the body to be treated at a potentially marginal facility in the ASEAN, South America, Africa, etc. zones as compared to jetting home.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
The medical professionals typically make that call. 14 hours is a long time to need treatment and not get it.

ddrueding

Fixture
When in really sketchy places, I can see the advantage of the GTFO. But rather than going all the way home, I've tended to just identify the closest place with satisfactory care. S.E. Asia = Tokyo, S. America = Buenos Aires, Africa = Cape Town or Germany.