TYAN Tiger MPX S2466-4M, problem with BIOS rev. 4.03?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The box left today. They are supposed to change the enclosure soon. I captured a screen shot of TYAN's monitoring software showing both CPUs at 74C and all the rest of the motherboard's temps at 70C or more. When I packed it, the top of the case was too hot to be touched for more than a second or two. I really hope for them that they'll will get an enclosure with a good airflow.

And to all people who think that AMD's platforms are flacky, please reconsider. Although the PSU was a no-name underpowered unit and despite the total absence of airflow inthat case, the dual-Athlon setup didn't crash once during all the 2½ days I had it. Oh well, it did, but only in 3DMark 2001 and that's probably because of the poor graphic card rather than anything else. I'm trully impressed by the Tyan Tiger MPX.

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
CougTek said:
The box left today. They are supposed to change the enclosure soon. I captured a screen shot of TYAN's monitoring software showing both CPUs at 74C and all the rest of the motherboard's temps at 70C or more. When I packed it, the top of the case was too hot to be touched for more than a second or two. I really hope for them that they'll will get an enclosure with a good airflow.

And to all people who think that AMD's platforms are flacky, please reconsider. Although the PSU was a no-name underpowered unit and despite the total absence of airflow inthat case, the dual-Athlon setup didn't crash once during all the 2½ days I had it. Oh well, it did, but only in 3DMark 2001 and that's probably because of the poor graphic card rather than anything else. I'm trully impressed by the Tyan Tiger MPX.

The extreme heat given off by the top of the case may very well be due to the PS being underrated. They tend to produce a lot of heat when pushed. So, you may kill several birds by eventually changing the case.