Upgrade to 2.0.19

Handruin

Administrator
I just submitted a support ticket related to the poor performance (including your 30 second lag timeouts). My guess is those are being recorded as MySQL slow queries and somehow php might be timing out. However, typically it takes 60 seconds for the default timeout...they may have changed that.

The load values are constantly high and I don't see them coming down any time soon. I'll let you know what happens. They're forum suggested that new hardware and good changes are coming. One can only hope they stick us on a dual opteron or something neat like that.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Handruin said:
MaxBurn, I've had that happen a couple times in the past but it's not often. Did you end up losing all the new post notifications as a result of it? Let me know if you see it again or on a regular basis. I've seen it very infrequent, so I didn't dig any deeper into it.

Basically it went like this, I load the forum which takes a long time and when I get there I notice I am not logged in again. Go to login and after entering my user and pass it would sit there for a while and then after some time it will log me in and I can see the forum. It did not clear my viewed threads, those were still marked as viewed for me. Plain hung up during user authentication? This whole process happened a couple times yesterday.

At any rate it's fine for me today at 7:40 eastern US, and the problem was a peak time last night so I suppose it is a usage issue.

BTW, Firefox 1.5 and I have SF saved to allow cookies.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
CougTek said:
Don't lose sleep over it. It's not like we are paying for a service. The site is fine overall. Relax.
Thank you, Doug, but I'll second what Coug said. It's not worth you spending extra time on it. Take more pics instead. :)