WEBCAM

ddrueding

Fixture
The webcam failed today. Of course that was after I purchased software for it. Logitech is useless. What a waste. :(

You might consider a network-enabled surveilence camera instead. They can sit directly on your network and upload images to an FTP on their own. I have no direct experience with any of them.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
The webcam was fine for about a day. I would try to return it at that retail store, but I may have discarded the receipt since last week. There is no time or budget for anything more this year.

Stereodude

Not really a
So how do you know it magically quit working? Sometimes you have to unplug 'em and then plug 'em back in to get them working again.

LunarMist

I pugged in into two computers and there is no LED or any indication of life. :(

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
I think, based on limited experience with Logitech webcams, that you need to install the software/driver before hooking up the cam, or it won't work/light up at all. EDIT: Last experience was several years ago...

LunarMist

No, that was not necessary. Windows has a generic driver for webcam or imaging device. I used various apps for FTPing the captures to the web.

LunarMist

You mean if I had planned ahead? :D Online shopping takes about a week or may be returned to sender via USP unless I want to pay for Fedex 1 or 2-day service.

Of course I would not have bothered an RMA for a $43 item ordered online compared to a retailer on the main street that I pass a couple time per week.

LunarMist

You mean if I had planned ahead? :D Online shopping takes about a week or may be returned to sender via USP unless I want to pay for Fedex 1 or 2-day service.

Of course I would not have bothered an RMA for a $43 item ordered online compared to a retailer on the main street that I pass a couple time per week.

Damn, that was poorly written. :oops:

LunarMist

I've not consumed alcohol for at least three months. I might have some in May. :tgif: