Well, crud

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
In case anyone was wondering, neither DD-WRT nor Tomato will run dual-band Linksys hardware at 5.8GHz. I mean, not AT ALL. It's 2.4GHz or nothing.

ddrueding

Fixture
That sucks. I've been having my own issues with them. Tomato has no VPN capability at all, and DD-WRT doesn't support a mode compatible with my FatPipe. FatPipes suggestion? Buy more FatPipes @ $20k/each.

Mercutio

I'm fairly certain you could buy four hours of a Linux consultant's time to get a hand-rolled router setup to do what you want.

Mercutio

I don't know enough about the Fatpipe. I've seen a hell of a lot of them in datacenters. I figure someone must.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
How is that fatpipe working for you?

And what exactly is the benefit of multiple fatpipes? The website's description seems to indicate that 'one is all you need'.

Also, I though you had a lot of interest in pfSense... what is Tomato/DD-WRT or FatPipe, for that matter, offering that pfSense doesn't?

ddrueding

Fixture
I can VPN through a Tomato'd router, but it cannot be the VPN gateway for a site-site link. DD-WRT can, but doesn't support the protocols I'm looking for.

Stereodude

Not really a
Oh, didn't know that's what you were talking about.

Isn't a Tomato'd router a little low end for an VPN gateway? You always seems to have deep pockets for these things. :p

ddrueding

Fixture
It depends. I can drop $20k for the main office, where 250+ people use the web and all the remote site VPNs connect. Some of the remote locations only have 2 people selling sand (literally) or 5 people renting out porta-potties (seriously). In order to keep these locations profitable, some restraint is required.

ddrueding

Fixture
I have weatherproof enclosures bolted to poles in the middle of nowhere where space and power consumption are considerations. Having the ability to VPN before jumping the wireless bridge might be nice. Might also be good for integration into IoT products.