What do you think of this case?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
210kB pdf

Notice the 120mm exhaust fan and the extra 80mm front fan dedicated to cooling the hard drives. 10 drive bays, dust filter, front USB.

I think it has better features than the Enermax/Antec/Chieftec/Chenming discussed here. Any comments?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
It's got rails. I will never ever buy a case with rails again. I don't care if there is a rail collector on the bottom of the case.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I've recently been buying some midi-tower cases that have slim-line rails. You can use the rails (if you have rocks in your head) or just throw them away and screw the drives in directly. Maybe this one is like that.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Once more:
The one true case is the Compucase mid-tower. All other cases wet themselves in fear as they behold it.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
It looks like a modified Antec Performance Serie, with a 120mm hole in the rear instead of two 80mm. See the side panel's handle, very similar to the one of the Antec. It must not be bad.

I don't despise drive rails as much as some of you. There are good and bad rails, just like any other parts of a computer enclosure. The rails of the Antec cases aren't bad, even if they are relatively easy to scratch.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
I like drive rails ... but I can totally understand why some people do not.

That said, I know this is a laughable fantasy, but when Serial ATA half-height devices start coming out later this year, I hope they come with integrated drive rails. Then no one could complain.

I know, I know. It's just a fantasy.

Handruin

Administrator
i said:
I like drive rails ... but I can totally understand why some people do not.

That said, I know this is a laughable fantasy, but when Serial ATA half-height devices start coming out later this year, I hope they come with integrated drive rails. Then no one could complain.

I know, I know. It's just a fantasy.

I agree...I love the drive rails in my chenming (antec SX1240). I remember havimg this discussion in the past, regarding drive rails. Maybe in earlier case designs the drive rails were really bad?? Have you used any newer cases that offer drive rails?

Mounting the drives in my chenming was much easier then trying to line up the drive with the front panel in a standard case, and then mount the screws... I don't remove my devices all too often, but in the few times I have, it's been very easy to click two tabs and slide out my CD-ROM drives.

The hard drives are mounted in a metal cage that also comes out of the case with a sliding lock mechanism.

I've had my case for over a year now and my CD-ROM drives are still in the case nice and tight. I've even transported my system a half dozen times to LAN parties and nothing is coming lose or wearing out...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's not the right CompuCase.

The one I like is much simpler.

I will say that their standards of construction are pretty high.

I'd been visiting the Taiwanese site instead of the US one. This is the first time I've seen the model number of my case.

It's a CL6812.

6812c.jpg

The ones I get are combined with a 300W AGI AMD/P4-approved Power supply. The cost $30 US. They're quiet, finished and incredibly easy to work on. Better than the $50 AOpens I had been buying before.