What the.......

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Merc, do you know where on the partition those files that you could not read lie?

I have a feeling that our theory about a narked partition layout are true. I just want the proof....

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
It would be interesting to see what would happen if you now Ghosted the "new and improved" drive to another HD. Maybe also in sector by sector mode.

I'm guessing ghost would choke and error if there was a problem. Certainly less tedious than viewing all of the files.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
sechs said:
Merc, do you know where on the partition those files that you could not read lie?

I have a feeling that our theory about a narked partition layout are true. I just want the proof....

I didn't keep careful track. Most seemed to be on the 1st partition.

ddrueding

Fixture
Tea said:
Ahem. Someone owes me a banana.

No bannanas for you. Here, chew on a hard drive...it's toast anyway. I tried to overclock it. Then it started getting loud so I undervolted it, then it started getting hot so I removed the cover and mounted a Vantec Tornado instead.

Hey, they both spin @ ~7000 RPM, what's the big deal?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Grrr...

I do wish people participating in this thread, and the odd visitor from SR, would read my initial comments in this thread. The ones about smoking crack? Up there, at the top?

I never thought the "Ghost Trick" was real. I *did* report my observations as I made them. That's what one is supposed to do when investigating these sorts of things.

For those who are saying "I told you so" do please understand that I took the time to de-bunk this thing. This seemed like a reasonable thing to do given the circumstances - I *still* haven't seen a post from anyone else who has tried it - and, hey, wouldn't it be neat if it really had worked?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
BTW, Merc, I never for one moment thought that you would believe it. You are too old and too smart a dog to ever fall for that flavour of moonshine.

I just want my banana. Do you think the Reg might send me one?