What went wrong this morning?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
The site wasn't accessible this morning. All I got was a VBulletin error message. Was it the VBulletin upgrade happening?

Handruin

Administrator
No, MySQl crashed unexpectedly. I was traveling a bit and wasn't able to resolve it myself so I put in a support request with the hosting company to resolve the matter. There was no official root-cause to the issue. I'll be looking into it more to see if I can figure out why MySQl crashed.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Excruciatingly s-l-o-w right now.
Come on! Its the Holiday season and you complain those little bits don't move fast enough for you despite having to travel half-way around the World to reach your computer. You have no heart.

Poor little bits, abused by the angry Indie man.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Yup. I gave up trying to post in another thread because it just sat there spinning. Seems ok now.

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks for letting me know there was an issue. I didn't get any alerts from the hosting provider. Maybe it was just a temporary network glitch or something.

On a side note, as part of the hosting company's holiday promotions, they gave a free resource bump to many of their plans. We more than doubled disk space, network bandwidth, and also RAM. I took advantage of the RAM and tweaked MySQL to cache more data. Hopefully that helps with things a bit.