When will you upgrade to Windows 7?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Let's see, I finally upgraded my PCs to XP last year, and it was released late 2001. The PC in front of me is still running 2000.

So I figure I'll be switching to 7 around 2016.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I found the initial Beta of 7 to be real snappy. The next one was slower.

Might this be the reason for a different perception of speed?

I don't see much reason to switch from XP Pro, or 2003. I'm sure MSFT will come up with something that will force me to move to 7, probably internet related.

I guess when I'm working multiple tasks, and, I end up with a processor working 100%, for a long period of time, and slowing the machine down, then I'll look at upgrading hardware, and, consider software upgrading.

I'm pretty sure one of these days 2003 or XP will not have drivers for
hardware I want to run...

ddrueding

Fixture
There was an article somewhere that talked about the eye-candy in 7 being good at distracting you from the slowness. Showing the desktop before you can do anything, splitting the startup tasks between before/after login, misc shiny/swirly bits while it scrambles to load your app. But it isn't actually faster.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Still running the public beta. My official disk comes when newegg gets it out the door. Vista is likely the shortest time I have used any OS at less than a year.
You obviously didn't try Windows ME....

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Let's see, I finally upgraded my PCs to XP last year, and it was released late 2001. The PC in front of me is still running 2000.

So I figure I'll be switching to 7 around 2016.
I upgraded to XP in 2006 and thought I was the last! You get the crown, Time.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
I put W7RC on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 6400: 2.0GHz, 4 MB L2 Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB 7200rpm Seagate, Intel Integrated graphics). Every now and again, Windows Explorer goes on holiday and all you see Documents, libraries and computers refreshing themselves--hourglasses! You cant open anything, and that silly bar at the top of the window slowly turns itself green. Turns me green. Hulk smash!

So, not for a while yet...