Where the hell did resellerratings go?

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
Anyone know the story? Resellerratings.com isn't there any more.

How royally crappy.

I read this the other day at icrontic.com

"Our beloved Reseller Ratings website is gone. They have sold out to some funky hardware website. What do you guys think... should we set up a new "reseller ratings" here on Icrontic?"

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Posted at Ars Technica about the vanishing of ResellerRatings.com
It's now official that a great resource for online retailer evaluations, ResellerRatings.com, is gone. Visitors are redirected to an Internet.com hardware site. In the meantime, the people at TechIMO, whose co-founder, Scott Wainner, founded ResellerRatings.com, have announced that they will launch their own site for hardware/software retailer evaluations. While the wait goes on for another viable resource for vendor evaluations to get running, it would be great if somebody has a relatively complete copy of the ResellerRatings.com database and either mirrors it or shares it with the people starting up replacement sites. People who need evaluations immediately can always tap one of my preferred sources for viewing dead sites, Google's cache.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, sean wasn't kidding when he said internet.com buyouts don't lead to anything positive. What a huge pile of crap.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Let's hope it's for good. I missed it while it was gone, particularly since I'm looking to buy some possibly esoteric hardware that not just everybondy sells (firewire or SCSI to IDE bridges)...

Thanks for the good news!