Why do Socket 939 Boards suck so much?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Groltz said:
How about ADAFX57BNBOX or ADAFX57DAA5BN, Buck?

Currently, I only have the ADAFX55BNBOX available. The ADAFX57BNBOX shows up as a New item, but inventory currently shows 0 (of course that is just checking online, I haven't called my sales rep.). The same goes for new dual-core ADA and OSA models.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Getting the FX 57 isn't making much sense right now as the 90µm FX 55 is also available. The FX 55 used to be made on with 130µm wires but the newer batch is simply an FX 57 with a lower multiplier (and 200$ less MSRP). The Athlon FX aren't locked, so you're free to bump the FX 55 to FX 57 frequency and beyond. The 90µm parts also consume a lot less juice than the older 130µm chips (around 30W less), despite sharing the same advertized power consumption.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Damn I hate when it happens to me. Read all µm mesures as nm in my previous post here.

Seems I was very tired this morning...

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
That gives me something to think about, Cougtek.

Xbit Labs says the same thing in their fx-57 review:

We also want to note that AMD is beginning to offer updated Athlon 64 FX-55 on the same San Diego core along with the release of the Athlon 64 FX-57. Thus, both Athlon 64 FX processors will have the same functional characteristics. You can easily tell a new 90nm Athlon 64 FX-55 with SSE3 support by the marking which reads like “ADAFX57DAA5BN”. Frankly speaking, these processors are going to be more appealing for overclockers since they will have the same core as the Athlon 64 FX-57 with a non-locked multiplier, but will cost $200 less.