Wide format multifunction laser?

ddrueding

Fixture
Our Xerox 8850 finally died after nearly 12 years, and Xerox no longer is in this market. Our vendors are putting together quotes, but I like to learn about this kind of thing before making a decision. The quote I have now is for a make I've never heard of before (Kip 7700). Worse, I can't find any competitors online from companies I know, HP and Epson aren't in this game either.

Does anyone here have experience with these things? Here are our approx requirements:

Print 36" wide B&W, ~5sec for an Arch D page (24"x36")
Scan 36" wide Color
At least 2 roll capacity (prefer 3)

Under $20k would be nice, but not mandatory.

Thanks!

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Does it have to be a laser? It was my understanding that most wide-format moved to Inkjet a long time ago.

ddrueding

Fixture
Inkjet is fine for smaller-volume operations, but our average day is 100+ 24"x36" sheets (6000+ ft/month). The cost of ink alone would kill us, and few of the inkjet machines would last long at that rate. Plus they aren't fast enough.

ddrueding

Fixture

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
I just thought of all the photocopier brands that I've dealt with in the past, as most if not all also had wide-format copiers as well. (Modern copiers are really just a flatbed scanner with paper feeder and one big arse printer underneath).

So for me it was "ricoh wide-format", "canon wide-format", "oki wide-format", etc. (Oki used to do plotters as well).