And I'm still running Ubuntu 20.04 on my 2 newest desktop PCs. (Actually, they're desk-unders.

)
Why such an old release? 20.04 has been out of support for what, a year?
Paraphrasing the Florida Man,
inertia. I'm still getting security and other updates, and with my
Ubuntu Pro "livepatching", they're most often installed automatically, without manual intervention. It's pretty neat when a whole new kernel is installed "in the background", and there's no reboot required, as opposed to Windows, where most every little patch requires a reboot. (I don't know how I qualified as a
Ubuntu Pro, but I'm still waiting for my first paycheck.

)
But note that, according to
Google, for 20.04, "
Extended Security Maintenance (ESM): Available until
May 2030 through
Ubuntu Pro (free for personal use on up to 5 machines)."
I admit I'm on the amateur side of this Pro/Am forum; I got into building my own PCs as a hobby decades ago, and back then, Ubuntu seemed like a good (
$ 0) alternative, and I've stubbornly stayed with it. I'm not that interested in "distro shopping", I'm just staying with what
(little) I know.
One of my favorite aphorisms is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I do have a couple of machines running 24.04, my wife's laptop and a little VM on which I run Pi-hole for my little home network.
But maybe you're right, I should get off my @$$ and upgrade from 20.04. What I'm considering is to try it on my second-newest PC, and upgrading to 22.04 and then 24.04. I hardly ever use that one, but after the upgrade, I'll try running a fair amount of stuff and make sure everything's working OK, before I get into upgrading other PCs. I don't want to upgrade to 26.04 yet; IIRC, there are major changes involved in that.