Where's everybody?

ddrueding

Fixture
The buses still use mag cards, but the minimum card is 10 rides; and no cash is allowed. The minimum subway pass is also 10 rides. There are a few pictures of the subway on my Flickr account, but I was strongly discouraged by the police and don't have a less conspicuous camera with me so I think those will be my last.

paugie

Storage is cool
Been somewhat busy. Just got back from another teaching gig at a retreat for ex-street kids, who have gone back to the streets. Rough time.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
With the, few in number, people that regularly post here, it should not be that uncommon to have 12 hours of silence, at night, when the majority of people are asleep.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've just been really busy lately. My wife managed to drive the Audi into a BMW. Not even enough for any damage, just enough to raise our premium :(

ddrueding

Fixture
The BMW had a blemish on the rear bumper. She was on with her insurance before she even got out of her car. It's going to up her rates too, so it was not the smartest thing she could have done.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've been sick for three days and I'm still catching up with works.

Though I've got to say, contracting has been DEAD lately.

Handruin

Administrator
I was really sick Monday and recovered Tue/Wed. I felt like death, throwing up every 30-45 minutes for nearly 10 hours. I'm much better now, but it certainly wasn't fun. I'm off to a photo shoot tomorrow for fun and learning. There will be 20 models and 25 photographers, hopefully something good comes from it.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
There will be 20 models and 25 photographers, hopefully something good comes from it.

Are these nekkid models, or what? :p If so, you'll only make Merc more depressed :).

Sounds like food poisoning, if it went away that fact, was that vicious over such a short amount of time. Could have been any number of food items, did you eat out/get food in a restaurant earlier in the day?

Handruin

Administrator
No, they aren't naked models, we'll be in a public park. They're models from model mayhem and I'm assuming most are amateur. It's a fair exchange of time so that we get to use them and they get a certain copy of pictures from us.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't food poisoning. Yes I ate out, but my meal was also shared a little and no one else got sick. There has been a stomach virus going around and several other friends had the same thing a day or two before and also other people they were around got the same as me.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I'm pretty sure it wasn't food poisoning. Yes I ate out, but my meal was also shared a little and no one else got sick. There has been a stomach virus going around and several other friends had the same thing a day or two before and also other people they were around got the same as me.

You probably had Gastroenteritis.

Wikipedia said:
At least 50% of cases of gastroenteritis as foodborne illness are due to norovirus.[3] Another 20% of cases, and the majority of severe cases in children, are due to rotavirus. Other significant viral agents include adenovirus[4] and astrovirus.

It could have been caused by something other than food, but I would put my money on food poisoning. Your immune system might have already been compromised more than the others that sampled your food, which could be why you got sick and they didn't.

Handruin

Administrator
Your link referenced the Norovirus, and if you look, there is a reference to Babson College in MA that closed due to this which is somewhat close by to me. My GF's school which is right near Babson also went through many incidents of the Norovirus and they were sending people home and tracking it. She caught something extremely similar about a week and a half before I got it. I had been around her twice since she had it and got nothing. My best friends and their son (who i visit regularly) got it 1-2 days before I did. I had visited them without knowing their son had been sick with it. The same friends mom also got it along with his niece, nephew, and brother in law. Today two other friends of those same friends now currently have it. They were recently over visiting their place just this past friday...two days later they now have it.

That's 10 close people I know who have all had the same sickness just like mine. This is why I'm guessing I didn't have food poisoning in the sense of something like salmonella.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Ten yeras ago. Change, buit not so much...

!@#$, no way to attch decent sideszn PDf file.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
lmfao, the prior posts about (not Handy's) are like a word association thread game or dare I say it...Twitter exchanges!, you say a word, I say the next word (or two) that comes to mind...hilarious!

"got it"

Me: "me too"

LM: "what?"

Me: "High BP/borderline HBP"

Me: excesses of my yut catching up with me? No, excesses of the last 4-5yrs and lack of exercise, weight gain>>>predictable 130-135 sys/80-85 dia. 5yrs ago, and 40lbs less >>> normal 120/70 :(

Anyone 'got it'?

the next/new pandemic...mutant swine flu?

In Calif. already? <scary>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090425/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/med_swine_flu

MEXICO CITY – A unique strain of swine flu is the suspected killer of dozens of people in Mexico, where authorities closed schools, museums, libraries and theaters in the capital on Friday to try to contain an outbreak that has spurred concerns of a global flu epidemic.
The worrisome new virus — which combines genetic material from pigs, birds and humans in a way researchers have not seen before — also sickened at least eight people in Texas and California, though there have been no deaths in the U.S.
"We are very, very concerned," World Health Organization spokesman Thomas Abraham said. "We have what appears to be a novel virus and it has spread from human to human ... It's all hands on deck at the moment."

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Why? I'm not there at the moment, but lately I have been traveling quite a bit. Last night I ate at an airport in the midwest.

LunarMist

No. I have no business being in Mexico. However, I'll be in New Mexico next month.

LunarMist

What about Delaware? It looks like a small state according to the maps. Perhaps there will be no swine flu in town two weeks from now.