Where's everybody?

ddrueding

Fixture
Pretty slammed at the office. I'll be testing a Verizon MiFi with the pimped-out MSI Wind U123 compared to our previous solution (Compaq Craptacular $800 15" laptop with Sprint USB cellular card) for the afternoon.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
I'm out of the country on vacation, so I'm about 9-12 hours out of sync with everyone in the US.

^Where? (<twitterrific/LM reply...we need a twitterrific™ Smilie so I don't have to write that long jargon out every time) \\\

I'm Mac, UR a PC, I'm always out of sync w/every1 here :D

In China they only have one time zone for the entire country.

Stereodude

Not really a
^Where? (<twitterrific/LM reply...we need a twitterrific™ Smilie so I don't have to write that long jargon out every time) \\\

I'm Mac, UR a PC, I'm always out of sync w/every1 here :D

In China they only have one time zone for the entire country.
Lets just say I'm somewhere in Asia. :bomb:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I drove to Detroit to have lunch with a friend/former student today.

My shitty rental car DID get 34 MPG, which was almost but not quite enough to make the trip on one tank of gas. It probably would have been able to do it if that particular vehicle had cruise control. I didn't even know it's possible to buy a car that does not have cruise.

Anyway, it was 70 degrees, Detroit was a ghost town (I hope because of the holiday) and it was basically an ideal day to make that trip.

Stereodude

Not really a
I know the UAE is 9 hours different from my time zone.

OMG Stereodude must be part of the Marine offensive in Afghanistan!
It's 12 hours from EST, and 9 hours from PST (or is that 15?). Now that I think about it it must be 15 ahead from PST.

Stereodude

Not really a
It probably would have been able to do it if that particular vehicle had cruise control. I didn't even know it's possible to buy a car that does not have cruise.
I had a PT Cruiser rental car once (what a pile) that didn't have cruise control. I was not very happy about it.
Anyway, it was 70 degrees, Detroit was a ghost town (I hope because of the holiday) and it was basically an ideal day to make that trip.
That all depends on where exactly you went. If you went to downtown Detroit proper, it's quite possible it really was a ghost town. If you were in the burbs you probably found that most people are on vacation.