Zotac GF9300-G-E MINI-ITX, how many simultaneous displays?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I need to find a way to control three small screens with a mini-ITX system. I figure the integrated graphic controller of the Zotac mini-ITX GeForce 9300 motherboard can control two different monitors, but probably not three. Am I right?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Most boards with multiple integrated video ports only support using one at a time. The last time I went looking for something that would run integrated DVI + Integrated VGA, I wound up with an oddball Asus board based on very specific wording in the product specs that indicated that it could use both ports.

Since you're looking to run three displays, maybe something in a 5x00 Radeon is appropriate?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Since you're looking to run three displays, maybe something in a 5x00 Radeon is appropriate?
I'm pretty sure I can control two different displays with the integrated graphics. What the Dude wrote is my impression too, so I don't expect to be able to send three different video signals.

If you can find me a Radeon HD 5X00 that fits inside an enclosure no bigger than the Minibox M350, I'll buy it. I need to find a way to control three monitors with something no bigger than this and with enough horsepower not to stutter at any time, playing video or Powerpoint-like files.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
They have many but I am sure we are looking for the cheap way out here.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Cheap is not that important. Small, tiny even, is more. I'll check my price lists for Matrox external cards (I have several available). I forgot about them. Thanks for bringing the idea.

Stereodude

Not really a
I'll ask the dumb question... Why not look at a different flavor of a Zotax Ion motherboard? The IONITX F-E has a PCIe x16 slot you could put a graphics card in and then you would have 3 or 4 no problem.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I'll ask the dumb question... Why not look at a different flavor of a Zotax Ion motherboard? The IONITX F-E has a PCIe x16 slot you could put a graphics card in and then you would have 3 or 4 no problem.
The entire system has to fit within a very small enclosure. There's no space for a discrete graphic card, even a low profile one.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Can you do one of those 1U 90° server slot adapters and put an add on card sideways?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Using both the analog and DVI output turned out to work great. My only problem now is that the DualHead2Go creates one large desktop with the two monitors plug to it instead of considering them like different displays. Otherwise, I succeeded to control three independant monitor with one little mini-ITX board.