Samsung 1TB mSATA SSD

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Given that the bulk of laptops being sold are $300 - $500 vomittops, I think it'll be a while before mSATA drives are a factor.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
They've already ditched mSATA. They're on to M.2 / NGFF.

HHDs are still the cheapest storage. The slimfit single-platter drives are in the low-end laptops. I saw a bunch of them in the store the other day with 500GB drives. So I agree with Merc.

Handruin

Administrator
What I really think they should do is ditch mSATA for SATAExpress. That's where we need to be with these SSD drives. I think that fits in line with what SD mentioned.

Handruin

Administrator
Hey the new USB port is reversible! That's true scientific progress right there!

I'm actually quite happy about this. Even though it'll be a PITA in the short term while people switch over, I hate always getting it wrong plugging in the USB connection. In theory it should be a 50% chance, but I feel like I get it wrong 90% of the time.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It will be a 3+ year issue. There is still a mixture of USB types on the market from years ago.
I have many thousands of dollars worth of mini- and micro- USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. I'm sick of all the different cables and power supplies.