24TB in a single box is now possible.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It looks like they are no longer avaiable from Newegg at all. :(

ddrueding

Fixture
I just got an e-mail from Seagate bragging that the new 250GB 7200.10 is a single-platter design. Now that the higher density is in higher production, I hope it brings the prices down.

Stereodude

Not really a
Har, Har, Har...

Are you going to buy me an 8 port 3Ware SATA RAID card to replace my 8 port PATA one? If not don't poke fun of my rant...

Hitachi announced that they were going to make both and confirmed the same thing to me in person at CES, but so far they only have released a SATA version. :(

ddrueding

Fixture
Sorry to hear of your trouble, I have a few 4-port and 2-port 3Ware cards sitting around as well. I suspect that when the next "big thing" comes around, I'll be trying to hold onto my current 3Ware card too.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have the same problem as Stereodude - heavy investment in PATA RAID cards, but I have enough ports of all types that it's not a big deal if the biggest drive I can attach is "only" 500GB. I can buy a lot of 500GB drives for what a 1TB model costs.

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, there is a PATA Seagate 750GB drive too, so it's not limited to 500GB...

And, speaking of antiquated... They're still making AGP video cards. There are even rumors of an AGP ATI/AMD HD 2xxx series card.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, ATI is still making AGP video cards. nVidia gave up on them a while back. I don't think any of the high-number 7x00 series cards are available in AGP but IIRC there's an x1900 at least.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The 7800GS is the fastest Nvidia AGP card. It is 20% slower than a similarly priced Radeon X1950 Pro AGP. I hope the HD 2600XT will be faster than a X1950 Pro, but I have seen no benchmark yet.