Apple releases public beta of Safari 4 browser

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/02/24/apple_releases_public_beta_of_safari_4_browser.html

....since I know, no one clicks on links before spouting off knee jerk opinions....way down at the bottom of the page linked>>>

New features

Safari 4 also includes a handful of new user interface features, including:
  • Top Sites, a display of frequently visited pages in a wall of previews so users can jump to their favorite sites with a single click;
  • Full History Search, where users search through titles, web addresses and the complete text of recently viewed pages to easily return to sites they've seen before;
  • Cover Flow, to make searching web history or bookmarks "as fun and easy as paging through album art in iTunes;"
  • Tabs on Top, for better tabbed browsing with easy drag-and-drop tab management tools and an intuitive button for opening new ones;
  • Smart Address Field, that automatically completes web addresses by displaying an easy-to-read list of suggestions from Top Sites, bookmarks and browsing history;
  • Smart Search Field, where users fine-tune searches with recommendations from Google Suggest or a list of recent searches;
  • Full Page Zoom, for a closer look at any website without degrading the quality of the site's layout and text;
  • built-in web developer tools to debug, tweak and optimize a website for peak performance and compatibility; and
  • a new Windows-native look in Safari for Windows, that uses standard Windows font rendering and native title bar, borders and toolbars so Safari fits the look and feel of other Windows XP and Windows Vista applications.

In total, Apple claims over 150 new features in Safari 4. The public beta is available for download here.

^^^why that's just silly, isn't Winblows 7 supposed to be a crappy copy of outdated Mac OS X? Then making Sarfari look like ancient M$ software is going in the wrong direction...someone @Apple must be reading SF, lol.

Stereodude

Not really a
You mean Xerox.
And other companies. Like Eiger Labs MPMan F10/F20 (the first portable mp3 player) and Hango/Remote Solutions Portable Jukebox PJB-100 (first HD based portable mp3 player which was ironically designed by Compaq and licensed to Hango).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Safari has approximately the same level of usability as IE: It's great for downloading Firefox on a Mac.

I have used it a time or two on machines that are hosed with Spyware and also have iTunes installed. Apparently if you're a big enough fucking moron to run iTunes in the first place, it's a safe bet you're incapable of unchecking the "Install Safari" box during your updates.

I did wind up putting Opera on my desktop at work a couple days ago. I need three different Newegg shopping carts simultaneously. Amazingly enough, for the hour or so I had it open, it didn't crash.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Why do we need another f***ing browser? Enough already. It is all the same silly internet.

Handruin

Administrator
I don't like their product as much as the next guy, but I've installed it to try it and learn about it. I haven't called everyone a big fucking moron, thanks Mercutio.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I don't like their product as much as the next guy, but I've installed it to try it and learn about it. I haven't called everyone a big fucking moron, thanks Mercutio.

I must be a fucking moron for testing my sites in Safari as well.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's semantics at this point but if you will note I reserved my name-calling to itunes users, not Safari users. Though there are plenty of webkit browsers out there.

And I still have nothing but scorn for anyone who uses itunes.