Career Opportunities in Tax-Free Dubai...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizondubai

What is this storage?
Hello everyone....

I am working on behalf of a number of multi-national vendor and reseller companies and have urgent requirements for Pre-Sales Consultants in high-end storage arena. All of the roles will be based out of Dubai.

The qualities we are looking for are excellent technical skills in any of enterprise high-end, modular and entry level storage systems providing SAN, NAS and iSCSI services; storage area management solutions; content archival solutions; business continuity solutions; tiered storage and virtualisation solutions. You should also have excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong command of the English language. Candidates should also have the ability to work with potential clients in terms of gathering requirements and proposing solutions to solve the problems the client is facing. A strong sales personality is essential.

Any experience with storage vendor solutions such as EMC, NetApp, HDS, Brocade will be a huge plus.

Candidates who are interested in hearing more about any of the positions we are representing should forward their CVs to me at the earliest opportunity. My clients are offering excellent salary packages, in a tax free environment.

Thanks

John

jspoor@horizontintl.com
+971 50 435 1085

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm a great technician with excellent knowledge of storage products and strong selling skills. I'm whiling to work for your Indian company, as long as you pay my travelling expenses from Montréal to whatever dark spot you are (plane travel, first class only : I have my standards).

I also require a nice condo, preferably a loft with a nice view. I'll need an expense account (with a substantial margin) and a salary in the six figures (U$ currency) and I don't sign anything lesser than a one year contract which you could resiliate as long as you pay the full value of the contract at the moment you decide to end our relationship.

You may contact me at 1-800-328-7448 and ask for Coug.

Normally I say thanks, but this time, I feel you're the one who should thank me for the time I took to write this reply.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
A friend of mines wife went to work in the Middle East for a while. Lucrative pay rates, if you can deal with certain restrictions (she could drink with her colleagues, but only in their "compound").

Horizondubai

What is this storage?
I'm a great technician with excellent knowledge of storage products and strong selling skills. I'm whiling to work for your Indian company, as long as you pay my travelling expenses from Montréal to whatever dark spot you are (plane travel, first class only : I have my standards).

I also require a nice condo, preferably a loft with a nice view. I'll need an expense account (with a substantial margin) and a salary in the six figures (U$ currency) and I don't sign anything lesser than a one year contract which you could resiliate as long as you pay the full value of the contract at the moment you decide to end our relationship.

You may contact me at 1-800-328-7448 and ask for Coug.

Normally I say thanks, but this time, I feel you're the one who should thank me for the time I took to write this reply.

First of all, Dubai is in the United Arab Emirate, 360 days of at least 25 degrees Celsius temperatures per year (the other 5 days its sneaks under 25), probably one of the most up and coming cosmopolitan cities in the world. The choice destination for the rich and famous - you complete and utter ignorant muppet that you are. I am English, and I work for a British company. The funny thing is most of the other things you request are possible with this opportunity. Working for a world recognised vendor, earning a salary of around $180k per year, housing allowance for a 3 bed villa with pool, relocation package, schooling allowance (although I pity any children that may have the misfortune of having you as a parent), 5* healthcare for you and the family (I am guessing you're a single man though who's family is probably of the online variety), return tickets to your home country for you and your 'family' once a year, 33 days holiday per year and an open-ended contract

Now once you manage to get over that rather large chip on your shoulder and get out of that bed that's had no-one but you in it for the last 20 years, for your $25k per year slog you can look back and think what might have been if only you hadn't been such a 2868.

Feel free to contact me on +968-56737

Horizondubai

What is this storage?
A friend of mines wife went to work in the Middle East for a while. Lucrative pay rates, if you can deal with certain restrictions (she could drink with her colleagues, but only in their "compound").

SOunds like Saudi to me, Dubai has a thriving social scene with many fantastic clubs and bars, this is probably due to the 250,000 Brits, Aussies, Americans, SA etc expats who live here. Getting a drink has never been a problem in DUbai. Getting a smoke on the other hand is impossible.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Some of us are aware of the fantastic work, and situation in Dubai. I've been lucky enough to converse with Saeed, at
accuratereloading.com, and, his character, and the progressive nature of Dubai is quite clear:

http://www.accuratereloading.com/z182000.jpg

However, I'm just a novice with storage solutions, and, much as I would like to represent otherwise, my law degree, teaching, sales, and management experience is not in the area you desire.

I wish you the best, and thank you for taking the time to
post this once in a lifetime chance.

Sincerely

Gregory Santilli

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Why this thread still haven't been deleted as it is obviously a kind of SPAM?

People really want to go kiss the Emir arse (the Spammer is British) in a country ignoring human rights and democracy? It's supposed to be a job for storage experts but it's certainly more related to sanitation (shining the rear of your arab "owners") and the only storage involved is your tongue between your boss' buttocks.

If someone wants the high earnings and remote locations, companies like Xstrata are desperately looking for new people and the salary is over 100K. Work 4 weeks, come back 2 weeks. And you are not living in a country where monarchs rules.

So opportunity of a lifetime my ass. Please lock this thread and let it be forgotten.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Because it is not spam if it is wanted and since people are responding positively in the thread, ...

Your problem isn't that it is spam, but rather, you responded scarcasticly and he responded appropiately. Rather than trying to take him down, would it not show more balls by simply accepting what you had comming to you.

If you really had a spam issue with the post, then your correct response would have been not to reply, in the first place, but to report it as spam using the red triange on the bottom left of every post.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Once one solicitation starts, then there are more and soon it will become an advertising site...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
you responded scarcasticly and he responded appropiately.
Mark, bullshit. You think someone will offer you a 180K$ job in a forum where he never set foot before? Travel must be easy, just carry you with the handle you have in the back.

Whatever, do as you wish.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Coug:

I agree with Mark's second two paragraphs 100%.

You can make your points without being so offensive. And I am distressed with your attitude towards the East.

I am Indian. So am I a scumbag?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Mark, bullshit. You think someone will offer you a 180K$ job in a forum where he never set foot before? Travel must be easy, just carry you with the handle you have in the back.

Whatever, do as you wish.

I have no ability to do anything more than you: We both get to express our opinions and nothing more. You have, I have and I'm perfectly willing to let the community judge.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I do not consider this post to be spam. It's highly targeted, and has a real contact (as opposed to being an email address collector).

Sorry Coug, but I think it's your behaviour that's out of hand.

Handruin

Administrator
There is only a phone number and e-mail address listed (besides the content). Typically spam has a URL to gain traffic to their site. If you feel it should be removed, I will do so, but since I saw activity from both sides, I did not remove it.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I humbly request that it stay. Only Coug seems to be having a fit, Mark, Greg, Mubs and myself have no issues with it.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I don't think it is spam. Does a call from a recruiter count as spam? That is what I consider this. I researched the opportunity and the poster and posted some links for further information.

Also he is responding. If someone just left a post like this and then didn't respond to requests, I'd say then it is spam. Otherwise I think it is a recruiter who thinks he has found a knowledgable group of storage experts and thinks someone might be interested in the position.

Plus who knows, in regular SF tradition this thread might be derailed into something much more interesting.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
First of all, Dubai is in the United Arab Emirate, 360 days of at least 25 degrees Celsius temperatures per year (the other 5 days its sneaks under 25), probably one of the most up and coming cosmopolitan cities in the world.
Besides the fact that I don't meet your requirements, that would definitely leave me out. I HATE hot weather with a purple passion. 360 days of 25°C or over. Yuck! That means being confined indoors with A/C most of the time. As it is I can't stand the 90 or so days over 25°C that we get here in NYC. Now if there were a tax-free equivalent to Dubai in someplace like Alaska that's another story...

On the tax-free thing, don't you have to pay the taxes on any income earned there anyway once you move back to the states? I can't imagine the greedy US government letting that slide.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
A U.S. Citizen has to report world-wide income. It's just Dubai won't charge you any taxes.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I think Wesley Snipes is trying to make this an issue.
Didn't the IRS arrest him for tax evasion, based on not paying taxes on earnings made in another country???

If, unlike Dubai, you are being taxed once by the country, like Britian where you pay 80%, I could understand why he wouldn't be too jazzed about having his percentage of profits from movies shown out side the US taxed twice...

Dr G

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
A U.S. Citizen has to report world-wide income. It's just Dubai won't charge you any taxes.

Correct, but you do get some exclusions. :) http://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch04.html#d0e3845 It is ~$82K at this point. There are some other benefits from living abroad, but soem drawbacks as well. It can all be rather complicated, so you should seek professional tax advice before leaving the US and keep good records of everything.

Stereodude

Not really a
There is a reason why some US citizens are retiring to other countries with no / low taxes on retirement income and then renounce their US citizenship.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
They caught that as well. If you want to give up your U.S. citizenship, you have to submit the last 5 years of tax returns to prove that you've been paying taxes, regardless of where you lived in those last 5 years.

Stereodude

Not really a
They caught that as well. If you want to give up your U.S. citizenship, you have to submit the last 5 years of tax returns to prove that you've been paying taxes, regardless of where you lived in those last 5 years.
So, how does that stop the scenario I outlined? Retire to a foreign country and file the paperwork. You will of course have the last 5 years of tax returns because you lived in the US and paid taxes.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I was addressing the situation where wealthy people move to Switzerland, Belgium, etc. The singer / movie star / multi-national businessman type. Once upon a time, they would move, not file any U.S. taxes when they were abroad, and then renounce their U.S. citizenship as soon as they acquired citizenship in their land of residence. That was the loophole they plugged.

Stereodude

Not really a
I was addressing the situation where wealthy people move to Switzerland, Belgium, etc. The singer / movie star / multi-national businessman type. Once upon a time, they would move, not file any U.S. taxes when they were abroad, and then renounce their U.S. citizenship as soon as they acquired citizenship in their land of residence. That was the loophole they plugged.
Oh... Well, I guess the moral to the story is to get citizenship quickly from another country and pay your taxes in the mean time.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
That is a risky paln. What ifs abound, ei.g, the country you bcome a citizen of goes off to war? Then you may be kiilled by friends nad family menbers. :(

Stereodude

Not really a
That is a risky paln. What ifs abound, ei.g, the country you bcome a citizen of goes off to war? Then you may be kiilled by friends nad family menbers. :(
Good point! That, having Warren Buffet give me all his money, and you learning how to spell, are my three greatest concerns right now.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I think I can spot the problem. Headhunter rercruiting blurb is actually indistinguishable from spam.

Mubs, what the hell is your problem? Cougtek's posts were absolutely spot on, yet you made a sustained personal attack. What's going on?

In case anyone's wondering, I've finished a contract and briefly have a life - hence the post. :flower:

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
I think I can spot the problem. Headhunter rercruiting blurb is actually indistinguishable from spam.

Mubs, what the hell is your problem? Cougtek's posts were absolutely spot on, yet you made a sustained personal attack. What's going on?

In case anyone's wondering, I've finished a contract and briefly have a life - hence the post. :flower:

Mubs said:

"I agree with Mark's second two paragraphs 100%.

You can make your points without being so offensive. And I am distressed with your attitude towards the East.

I am Indian. So am I a scumbag?"

That doesn't seem to be a personal attack at all, let alone a sustained one.

It's that crazy quebecan that's posting about analingus and other delights.

Status
Not open for further replies.