Ever wanted to know the thoughts of car fans?

Handruin

Administrator
This is a cool shot:

ccr2_640.jpg

Stereodude

Not really a
Koenigsegg's are wicked. I saw Jeremy Clarkson beat on one of them in one of his videos. Definitely an impressive vehicle.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
"Swedes" & "supercars" are words not typically said in the same sentence. But it does look pretty sharp. Are they street-legal in the US? And do we even want to know the price?

Handruin

Administrator
On one of the acura forums I frequent, someone posted pics of the CC8S they took at a gas station in Florida. I don't know for certain that it is street legal, but this guy had one. I have no idea what they cost.

I like how the doors open.

ddrueding

Fixture
I think designing and building a car from the ground up would be a great experience. Not only can you get the lines, balance and dimnenstions exactly how you want them; but you can lose some of the crap stuck in modern cars.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
ddrueding said:
I think designing and building a car from the ground up would be a great experience. Not only can you get the lines, balance and dimnenstions exactly how you want them; but you can lose some of the crap stuck in modern cars.

Even being part of a complete restoration project would be fun.

ddrueding

Fixture
Buck said:
ddrueding said:

Even being part of a complete restoration project would be fun.

When I was still in High School, I tried my hand at restoring a 1966 Austin Healey Sprite Midget. I wasn't very good at the tuning work (the 1996CC inline-4 had twin carbs), and I was terrible at repairing the interior, but I rebuilt the entire wiring harness from scratch and had great fun with it.

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
My pops has a nice yellow car exactly like yours timwhit.
Initially my sister bought it (moms cosigning).
Then she went away and the parents got stuck with it.
There is a club around here with owners of this car and they are almost all yellow. She painted the inside of her doors. My pops had to pay good money to get that fixed.

Handruin

Administrator
Mercutio said:
Interesting article about new cards.

Remind me to drive my cars until the wheels fall off, OK?

Sure, they cost more to repair after an accident, but there is no mention of reduced medical costs through the use of air bags. What about those people who've been hit from the side that are now stuck in a wheel chair for the rest of their lives because of brain damage? I've got to believe the side-curtain and side air bags help reduce head injuries, which in turn reduce medical costs...

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
Interesting article about new cards.

Remind me to drive my cars until the wheels fall off, OK?
The article seems a bit one-sided. They fail to mention the saved lives and reduced injuries from all those airbags. I'd think reduced medical costs would far more than outweigh the cost of a few airbags.

Personally, I'd be happy to total a car with every accident I get in as long as my passengers and I are protected.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Handruin said:
Sure, they cost more to repair after an accident, but there is no mention of reduced medical costs through the use of air bags. What about those people who've been hit from the side that are now stuck in a wheel chair for the rest of their lives because of brain damage? I've got to believe the side-curtain and side air bags help reduce head injuries, which in turn reduce medical costs...

Indeed. Side impacts are one of the most dangerous types of accidents too. They usually don't kill the occupants, they just cause severe brain damage. During a side impact, the two halves of the brain move separately, which causes the tissue that connects these two hemispheres to sever.