Folding@Home

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
LiamC said:
Will Rickards, what have you brought on-line? Your output has jumped mightily.

I was on vacation for 3 weeks in italy in end of may - june. My computer was off. I just turned it back on. It threw the stats off. Nothing new, just my AMD X2 3800.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Thanks.
Know it's not just me. Up and folding. It's just such a waste to not be folding, when I'm doing something that so doesn't use the potential of the cpus, and, they are on anyway.

Greg

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Anybody know of a folding utility that can monitor remote boxes via SSH?

FAHStats can monitor remote boxes via FTP, but my Smoothy doesn't allow it :( It needs SSH.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
LiamC said:
Anybody know of a folding utility that can monitor remote boxes via SSH?

FAHStats can monitor remote boxes via FTP, but my Smoothy doesn't allow it :sad: It needs SSH.

I don't know of one, mainly because i've never needed that capability, but here is a Complete FAH tool list that you can examine to see if you can find what you need.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
All I get lately is 'Attempting to get work packet', and, nothing else. Never seems to get through on this computer.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Santilli said:
All I get lately is 'Attempting to get work packet', and, nothing else. Never seems to get through on this computer.

Everytime it has happened to me, I've simply restarted the machine and it works again.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Merc, It's not as if you were never asked: You should have been feeling guilty, for oh so long...

On the other hand, it will be a while before either the PS3 or the ATI clients are out in the wild. It'll be 4-6 weeks before they are even given to beta testers. PS. I signed up to be one, a long time ago. They'll allow anyone, all you have to do is ask on their forums: Please ask to be on the Beta test team here. Avoid the rush, because I'm sure as the day gets close to releasing the clients they will be inindated with requests.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
The beta team is getting some particularly good point producing WU's right now, that remind me of QMD's. they do especially well on Conroe's which can do them at twice the speed of AMD X64's. I'm getting 295ppd per core (4600+) and Conroes can get 600+ ppd per core.

Handruin

Administrator
Congrats Mourn!

I've added two cores to F@H and will hopefully show some results soon. I'm hoping to have 3 total processes going shortly.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Thanks Mark and Doug. :beer:

To be honest, I haven't even looked at the stats for the last week-and-a-half.

It's disheartening that we have no emphasis on our FAH team here at SF v2.0. No "Join Us" banner for newcomers to see, no stats link, no stickied Folding@Home thread, and hardly any chatter anymore.
Oh well...I'm not ru...<further griping deleted>

I'll be adding some more horsepower to our efforts in the future. I want to build up a new desktop and also buy my first-ever (not employer issued) laptop. It looks like the laptop will come first so my increases aren't going to bloom for a while.

Handruin

Administrator
Your points are valid on all accounts Groltz (I did add a link to the stats the other day on the main page, but it's small). I'll put in a better effort in supporting FAH. I'm home probably all day, I'll see what I can crank out.

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
Congrats Mourn!

Is "Mourn" one of us regular Storage Forum poster?

I've barely kept up with the status of Floating @ Home since it started a few years ago. It seemed a bunch of people were doing SETI, then all of a sudden Floating @ Home came along and SETI more or less fell off the map.

Who from this list of F@H users are "known" Storage Forum posters:

• 0, abonneau, Andrew_Calvin, Andy, anis, Aperoteam, bwalton, cblaufer, cha, Daath, Daggie, deterox, Dougman, DragonKilla, elitetek, rikHenrikson, f_bostrom, FBierhaus, fulcrum, ghostwheel, heap, illya, jarmo2, JBarksdale, JSG2, MaddogANO, mcaprio, Mourn, Muitah, Raven, remarkable, shanehalldotnet, SRBigT, ssn, strimmer, support, tal, teraya, Venu.Krishnaswamy

I know that many of these F@H users above are likely people that entered in the wrong Team Number, and then corrected it later. It's obvious who the rest of the Storage_Forum team members are by their F@H usernames.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Any chance we can get a sticky in the forum with a link to the stats?

.Nut

A "StorageForum Projects" sub-forum could be created under the "Computers" or under "StorageForum Pub & Brewery" that could contain this monster-sized thread and any other F@H threads, as well as SETI @ Home or whatever else one could consider a project.

As for sticky threads in this proposed sub-forum, F@H Stats could be such.

Handruin

Administrator

A "StorageForum Projects" sub-forum could be created under the "Computers" or under "StorageForum Pub & Brewery" that could contain this monster-sized thread and any other F@H threads, as well as SETI @ Home or whatever else one could consider a project.

As for sticky threads in this proposed sub-forum, F@H Stats could be such.

Great ideas to fix the issue. As you can see I've moved the folding at home thread into its own section under computers.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
The weather's cooling down a little, and as I haven't contributed a work unit since January 30th of this year, I guess it's about time I started the heating system back up.

As my F@H client is running on a 1.6 GHz Duron, I doubt it'll make much difference, but I have a question anyway. The motherboard is a Gigabyte 7NF-RZ. Availability of Socket A CPUs seems to be dwindling, so I'm wondering if my last chance for picking up a faster CPU is rapidly approaching (if it hasn't already passed). Do I have any options?

I notice Newegg is selling a 1.83 GHz Sempron, and that looks to be the fastest Slot A CPU they've got. Would it make much difference from a 1.6 GHz Duron?

Splash

Gary, thanks for supporting our FAH team.

http://fahstats.com/usum.php?u=867167

-steve

Well, I would never support those weasels over at Snorage Revvevvwwwwwew..... whatever. ;)

anyway...

I pretty much follow these two URLs

Top 20 Producers (daily average):

At the moment I'm beating up on Pradeep, and just got through crushing Tea and... er... F#%@kbag (again). :cheese:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=10047

As for all time team standings, I'm down at #32 and rapidly rising:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=10047

MangyDOG is doing a better job than me, though.