Forum complaints / problems to fix master list

Handruin

Administrator
sechs said:
Exchange the vBulletin logo on pages.

The vbulletin logo isn't visible...can you show me an example of the logo and location you are referring to?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Annoyance.jpg

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I don't see the VBulletin logo - have never seen it till I saw Merc's post above. I don't see the Quick Reply minimize arrows as well. Different users are seeing different things. VBulletin seems to be very dependent on browser and extensions installed, looks like.

ddrueding

Fixture
I see the vBulletin logo, I see the minimise button on the quick reply, I see dead people.

I see that Handruin has enabled the quick in the "quick reply" feature (thanks!)

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Will Rickards said:
It is in the storageforum revised style but not the default style.
I'm running the default style. So is everybody else running the revised style and so can see the logo and the quick reply arrows? Anybody still on default and can see these "dead people" arrows?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Make it green!

Seriously, that glaring white/near-white background colour is hard on my eyes. Not too fussed about the rest of the list - some things would be nice, some things not-so-nice, but a background colour that doesn't give me a headache is number #1 with a bullet.

Oh, and don't reduce the font size - it's just fine the way it is.

(Just my 2c worth.)

PS: I also like blue, deep red, brown, purple, any colour you like so long as it's nice and dark with bright, contrasting text on it. Bright backgrounds with dark text are dreadful from an ergonomic point of view, increase eyestrain, and keep my forum visits a lot shorter.

Handruin

Administrator
I will get to a lot of these things, but not for a few more days. I'm moving out of my house this weekend and I've been running around like a mad man for the last few weeks.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Handruin said:
I will get to a lot of these things, but not for a few more days. I'm moving out of my house this weekend and I've been running around like a mad man for the last few weeks.

Isn't this like almost 2 years to the day since your last move?

Handruin

Administrator
Yes, pretty close to it. Life changes back in October have caused me to sell my house and part ways with Laura (now my ex) after being together with her for about 8 years. So in the last 8-10 months if I've seemed pretty distant here (in threads and conversations)...that is the reason why.

ddrueding

Fixture
Handruin said:
Yes, pretty close to it. Life changes back in October have caused me to sell my house and part ways with Laura (now my ex) after being together with her for about 8 years. So in the last 8-10 months if I've seemed pretty distant here (in threads and conversations)...that is the reason why.

Well, I hope it was for good reasons, and that everything is cool. I think I'm about to do the same.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I did the same thing about a month ago after over 3.5 years. I wasn't married or anything, but we were living together. Hope everything will work out for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope it is for the best.
And moving sucks, so I wish you luck with that.

Developing a new custom board style would be nice but I'm sure there is another forum out there with vbulletin and a good style already.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
It seem the little arrow thingie to collapse the quick response box is missing in Firefox.
Anyone else notice this, or this only happening in the Outer Limits.

Bozo :joker:

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Bozo said:
It seem the little arrow thingie to collapse the quick response box is missing in Firefox.

Either I don't know what you're talking about, or I don't see it either.

Could someone enlighten me on this?

Handruin

Administrator
sechs said:
Either I don't know what you're talking about, or I don't see it either.

Could someone enlighten me on this?

I attached an example screen capture of it to the forum a few posts back. It's a set of arrows in the corner of each dialog box so that you can expand/collapse the box.

Handruin

Administrator
ddrueding said:
Well, I hope it was for good reasons, and that everything is cool. I think I'm about to do the same.

Wasn't for good reasons; she decided to leave me and persue other things in her life. In a sense it probably was good, but at the time it sure didn't seem like it to me. Anyway I've moved on and now that the house is about to close, I can close out that chapter of my life.

Handruin

Administrator
timwhit said:
I did the same thing about a month ago after over 3.5 years. I wasn't married or anything, but we were living together. Hope everything will work out for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Sorry to hear you went through the same thing. It's never fun no matter how long the relationship lasted. I also wasn't married, but I have a house to deal with in a market that went to shit, so it took over 8 months to sell at a nice loss.

ddrueding

Fixture
Sucks about the house. Fortunatly, the house is my GF's, so I don't need to worr about that. Not sure where I'm going to move; I'd love to find ~600sq.ft. with a bathroom and a shower.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Sorry to hear about all the changes you guys are going through; it's never easy. Maybe DD can share his expertise on the matter; he seems to have attained Guru-level certification in change management, taking things in stride without a blink. Wish I could handle changes in my life as confidently and competently.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Bozo said:

Bozo :joker:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Looks like you didn't read any of my posts in this thread!

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Handruin said:
I attached an example screen capture of it to the forum a few posts back. It's a set of arrows in the corner of each dialog box so that you can expand/collapse the box.
It's one of those hidden features :cool:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
mubs said:
Maybe DD can share his expertise on the matter; he seems to have attained Guru-level certification in change management, taking things in stride without a blink.

...like a rolling stone...

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Perhaps this has been covered already, but I am having a lot of trouble telling the difference between threads with new posts and those without. The icons (1) aren't different enough and (2) don't say "has new posts" or "no new posts here" to me.

ddrueding

Fixture
sechs said:
Perhaps this has been covered already, but I am having a lot of trouble telling the difference between threads with new posts and those without. The icons (1) aren't different enough and (2) don't say "has new posts" or "no new posts here" to me.

For me the icons don't matter at all. I pay no attention to them. If a thread has the little blue down arrow next to it, it has new posts.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Until you mentioned it, I had never noticed the the arrows (here or elsewhere), which, I think is a credit to the interface design.

Perhaps we should replace the icons with little blue arrows?

Handruin

Administrator
Yes, I've made note of the confusing part of the interface and I will be working on a skin/template to correct this with all your feedback. I will be able to do this once I get my self situated in my next location in the next few days.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There are 100 messages in my sf.net inbox, and 359 in my sentbox?
Are these hard limits? Why am I keeping so many saved sent messages? Is there a reason I only have 100 messages sent to me?

ddrueding

Fixture
It seems this system does have a hard limit on the number of messages, not the size of them.

Handruin, don't let all the pressure from us here get to you; you have a lot going on and (as you can see) we are all cabable of using the forum in it's current state until you get settled.

Handruin

Administrator
Thanks ddrueding. I figured the timing might have been bad like this so I created that master list to remind me of my objectives once I get situated.

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
The positions of the "Submit reply" and "Preview Post" buttons should be switched.