Happy New Year to everywhere else!

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Well, it's 2003, and ... just checking .... yup, I'm still the same old me. So far as I can tell, I am still the same indeterminate number of years old, and still like bananaz. Guess that meanz it's going to be a good one. :)

Happy New Year to all!

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
While 2003 won't get here for about 16 more hours, let me echo the Happy New Year for everyone here.

-Fushigi

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Oh, i should mention Tannin and Tea... While I was in Colorado ski'ing and snowboarding I met someone from Australia.. they had even been to Ballarat... aparently there are alot of Aussies and people from New Zealand at the resort I went to (Winter Park).

The reason I remembered is because of the time difference... she was calling her mother for christmas lunch, however in Colorado it was christmas eve night...

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Wait a second, there's still more than 9 hours left in 2002, which just doesn't make any sense with the original post......unless, oh no. Oh No! GOOD GOD! The Austrailians have a time machine and are sending monkeys into the future! Run for the hills everyone, the monkey's can speak and have mastered their opposable thumb. Their only goal will be to enslave us all and create a new world order known as the "Plant of the Apes"!.........hmm? what's that? Time zones? Oh....err, disregard above.

Happy New Year.

CK

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Whatz a resolution? I think you need lotz of people to make one of them. Something to do with the streets of St Petersberg and drinking Molotoff Cocktailz, I think. And please don't think we apes are backward just because we took so long to master our opposable thumbs: trust me, developing the coordination is a lot harder when you've got twice as many of them.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Good riddance. 2002 and 2001 were the two worst years of my life. I can honestly say after ringing in 2003 that I'm not entirely sure if I want to be around for another New Year. So many of the problems today seem intractable. Terrorism, environmental destruction, consumerism, materialism, egotism, war, and so forth. It appears that for every problem solved we either create three more or give up some measure of personal freedom. So unless there's some revolution in the way people act in the next year count me out for 2004. I've had just about all I can take of mankind's nonsense.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
It's amazing how many people had a difficult 2001 & 2002. I did too.......

Lets hope the new year will be better. Here's wishing everyone lotsa happiness, good health and prosperity.

And for Tea, something extra: all the tree-ripened, sweet, aromatic bananas from all over the world that she wants to eat.

:D

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah, I'd have to share the sentiments about 2001 and 2002. I managed to put some of the problems from those years behind me in the last couple of months, even right up to December 31.

So I'm hoping that 2003 will be at least partly a fresh start, and with better luck for me and mine. And the same to everyone else here.

HAPPY new year! :cry: :( :-? :) :D :lol: :mrgrn:

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
well just to balance things out; besides the death of my brother-in-law in September last year, both 2001 & 2002 were amongst the better years that I've had :)

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ha! You should have seen Tannin!

Here, especially for Steve, is the photo I took of him early on New Year's day. I think I must have messed up the developing or something as I am sure his eyes were more bloodshot than that.

tanninape.jpg

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
I'll bet that you don't get many repeat visits from door-to-door religion peddlers after they see that grim visage.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Happy New Year to all!

Tannin said:
I mean tooth.

Heh--that reminds me of a joke we have down here in Tennessee. They say that the toothbrush was invented in Dalton, Georgia. Otherwise it would be called the "teethbrush."

Okay, I didn't say that it was a funny joke! :)

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
mubs said:
It's amazing how many people had a difficult 2001 & 2002. I did too.......

Lets hope the new year will be better. Here's wishing everyone lotsa happiness, good health and prosperity.

And for Tea, something extra: all the tree-ripened, sweet, aromatic bananas from all over the world that she wants to eat.

:D

Give me a sweet mango over a banana any day of the week :) Happy New Year all.

SteveC

Storage is cool
I know I'm a few days late, but Happy New Year, everyone. Like others here, the past couple of years have been very tough for my family, and 2002 ended on a very bad note (my grandfather passed away on the 30th). Hopefully things will start to get better this year.

Steve

LOST6200

Storage is cool
10 nmore hoyurs, but who igves a damn about it being NEW YAER? 2009 will tbe the most awfull in mnay deacades of life.

Last edited:

ddrueding

Fixture
10 nmore hoyurs, but who igves a damn about it being NEW YAER? 2009 will tbe the most awfull in mnay deacades of life.
Last edited by LOST6200; Today at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo

typo? Priceless.

True, 2009 will be the worst in many decades; but unless you choose to die now, you may as well lean into it and work for a better 2010 (2012?).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Crappy year in, crappy year out.

OK, actually I had a somewhat decent day today. For once.

But Happy New Year to everyone else.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
January 26, 2009 Happy New Year!

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/2009.htm

But the new year, starts technically @23:55, Jan 25th here on the West Cost of America...so when to celebrate :p ? Makes a difference. Jan.25th is a Sunday, if Chinese celebrate on the westcoast on the 26th, then I'll go get some rounds of dim sum on Sunday. Otherwise, I won't cause I did that on CNY last year, and all the restaurants were packed like sardines, it was insanity.

From the looks of previous years, both jtr & Merc were ready to chuck it all. So this past year, despite going into a worldwide recession, Clocker's probably anxious that even with the 2011 Volt coming out next year (too little too late?) he may be out of a job :(. Seems relatively a success for those two :D. Even if it is near 22 F and colder still in the upper Midwest and east coast. Was 76F past two days here :D, only 70F today, 68F tomorrow....hehe.

Still, irrefutable proof of God, is enough to make it a jedimindfook of a year for me...maybe I'll explain tomorrow.

Any NY's resolutions, to break, within a week ?

Shouldn't Edit/wavemaker/iGary etc be making an annual appearance?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
It must be a damn fine bed.
Not really but I can't afford a new mattress right now. At least I made it tolerable by putting one of those foam pads on it. Down the road I plan to buy something like a Tempurpedic, hopefully when the price comes down to earth.