iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Didn't Howell post that in the iPhone thread a few weeks ago? :shake2:

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Oh. Well, in that case, I'll just give it ba....Hey, wait a gosh darn dog gone second! I think you've just tried to use that reverse psychology thingy stuff on me. You wouldn't do that to a nice guy like me who is trying to steal your thunder now, would you?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
One of my customers is offering me an Evo in exchange for settling a $250 debt. It'd be the tiniest of tablets for me unless I bothered to switch over phone service, but it might be a fun toy.

Apparently, he has two because he he lost one and his phone insurance gave him another, then somebody returned the old one.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
One of my customers is offering me an Evo in exchange for settling a $250 debt. It'd be the tiniest of tablets for me unless I bothered to switch over phone service, but it might be a fun toy.

Apparently, he has two because he he lost one and his phone insurance gave him another, then somebody returned the old one.

I use my Evo for reading books with Aldiko, which you could do.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I was kind of thinking it might be a decent portable gaming device.

Decent to me implies dedicated buttons for control. Nothing like covering up the screen with your fingers as you wrestle with touch screen controls. For $250 you could get a PSP and a DS.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Sprint has SERO Premium now for existing SERO customers who want to move to newer phones. My new Evo will be $45 a month. I realize that doesn't help anybody else but I think it's pretty cool.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I just use the stock battery. I just made sure to buy extra usb to micro usb cables so I can charge it when I need to. But 99% of the time, I just charge it at night.

Handruin

Administrator
It's one thing to include the security screw on new devices. However, to have the repair staff replace existing normal Phillips screws with their new screws is a bit over the top. I've never felt the need to open my iPhone/iPod anyway, so I don't see a huge issue. The tool seems obtainable for those who really want to anyway. Those who wouldn't want do aren't affected because they're know no different.

Sol

Storage is cool
I can't imagine that replacing the screws like that would be legal if you expressly asked them not to do it. Even if you asked them after the fact I would imagine they would have to swap them back for you.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I have had to replace iPhone3 screens which require removing the screws. And also I agree with Sol.

LunarMist

I can't imagine that replacing the screws like that would be legal if you expressly asked them not to do it. Even if you asked them after the fact I would imagine they would have to swap them back for you.

That may depend if it is under warranty. Of course they could choose not to repair out of warranty at all. I'm sure there will be expensive tools sold on eb*y to open them up.

ddrueding

Fixture
At the end of the video in Merc's last link (which was pleasant to watch), they mention that they sell a kit including a tool to remove the proprietary screws and some 00 philips replacements.

LunarMist

Ha! That was probably the reason for the article. :skepo:

LunarMist

I also prefer a second battery. When not in a device they usually hold a charge for moths.