Merc's Useful Tools of the day

Handruin

Administrator
This might be a bit beyond the scope of this thread but Guacamole looks like an interesting tool to help manage systems.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Website
s-laker.org
PhotoPea is a nearly complete clone of Photoshop that runs in a browser. I'm not a Photoshop guy, but I know my way around the UI and core functions and as far as I can tell, it seems identical. You can even do things like import brushes you've saved. I'm sure it's missing out on high end masking tools and there's no doubt it's not doing GPU acceleration. Keyboard shortcuts are the same and the basic filters are all there, as are actions.

I found that it worked very well on an Android tablet with a stylus, but it's a progressive web app if you'd like to play with it in a browser or as a "desktop application."

For those who don't know: some web pages can be "installed" as if they were binary applications, from the system menu of Webkit-derived browsers like Chrome and Edge, and also from Firefox for Android but not desktop Firefox. Google Photos and Soundslice are other neat examples of PWAs.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Website
s-laker.org
Kiwi for Gmail is just a web scrape of various Google Workspace tools, but I'm finding that I really like it since I do spend a lot of time switching specifically between Gmail, Google Drive and the various Google productivity apps. If you have a Google-centric work flow, it makes a lot of sense to put all those things together and segregated from other browser tasks. Kiwi is free for a single user account.