Mirrorless Cameras (MILC) and Lenses

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a
So I have an a6000 and looking for an external charger. Is the BCQM1 the best option if I want fastest charge times (FW50 batteries) and not too concerned about charger size?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCQM1-Compact-Battery-Charger/dp/B00FX48OO2

I see some third party options like Nitecore which has a very cheap dual battery USB powered charger but reports are it usually taps out below 90% state of charge.

Thanks.
The Nitecore USB battery chargers, especially the QC wide dual charger, do some strange things with the battery reset point. In some cases the battery does not charge completely and in others is does, but the chip reads less.

The dual sided Nitecore chargers only charge one at a time, alternating as the display alternates. I tend to have one of those on the carry-on and one Canon OEM in each piece of checked luggage.

I have some generic USB dual charger for Sony, but it is not fast. In general I'm not a fan of fast charging. Ideally you will have plenty of batteries. Any OEM charger should be fine of course.

snowhiker

Wannabe Storage Freak
Nikon's leaked Z mount lens roadmap for 2020/2011.

By the end of 2021 Nikon will have a full set of standard f/1.8 primes: 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 85, 105 and 135mm. Along with one-stop faster: 35, 50 and 85mm f/1.2 primes; and "trinity f/2.8 zooms" 14-24, 24-70, 70-200mm.

Nikon and Canon will keep their super-tele F and EF mounts for now as the adapters work good enough. Then 5-8 years from now phase those out as well.

With shrinking camera market share I'm wondering if the D850, D750, or D500 will receive one more DSLR update or will their next update my mirrorless. Canon did ship the 90D so maybe Nikon will ship one more DSLR besides the D6. I'd guess a D760 with the D5/850/500 AF/AE module, CFex card slots and dream, 36MP @ 10 fps. :)

High speed, sports/action/wildlife, are the only types of photography now that are truly lacking on mirrorless. 3-5 years from now global shutters and faster on-sensor autofocus points and better electronic viewfinders finally take the place of DSLRs.

Still kicking myself for not picking up a D500 12-18 months ago when they had huge sales+free grip.