Oh look it's new Desktop CPUs from Intel!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Broadwell-DT parts. Usual story: Improvements in power efficiency due to die shrink and modest per-clock performance improvement. Yawn. These guys add a potential L4 cache and apparently offer slightly-better-than-AMD integrated graphics, which I have to say is something I would not have guessed we'd see from Intel so quickly. No DDR4 until the next refresh cycle, but they are socket compatible with 1150, so at least they don't need their own motherboards.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
We get similar (or slightly lower) processing performance with 20W less power consumption per processor, so we'll end up with a slight overall reduction on our global energy needs. That's the good news. However, from a single user perspective, these new processors are a big "meh" to my eyes. The faster integrated graphics are a poor selling point for the desktop parts IMO. You either need/want fast 3D performance, or you don't. In the first case, you'll add a discrete graphic card anyway, so you pay more for this processor for the improved integrated graphics that you'll never use. Or if you don't really care for 3D graphics. like me and most office users, then you also end up paying more for a feature you won't use.

When I buy a CPU, I want a faster CPU. If you can't give me faster single-thread performance, then sell me more cores to compensate. I don't want a faster side-kick feature; I just want increased processing power. That's not what we have this time.

I'm eager to see how AMD's Zen processors will fare next year. If they can deliver on their +40% IPC promess, they'll still be ~20% behind Intel's latest generation for single thread performance, but their 8-core model should be comparable to the i7 5960 we have today (AMD currently is behind Intel by a lot more than a single year). That alone should push the market price down. We'll see.