problem Performance / Delays

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
From the top of the forum when clicking on subfora like computers or pub & brewery I usually see a delay of several seconds up to fifteen seconds. Doesn't always do that and seemed to start for me three or four days ago, before that nearly instant. Opening individual threads seems as fast as it was always.

Handruin

Administrator
I noticed it also. I did a reboot on our server last night to try and fix it, but I'm assuming that did not help. I checked the resources and they seem fine on the system. it's possible there is something wrong on the hardware or network level. I'll look into more. Thanks for letting me know.

ddrueding

Fixture
Mine has been noticeably slower since the forum software upgrade. On a fast connection it is only a fraction of a second, but on my phone or on my super saturated link at work it can take 35 seconds for a forum to come up. The bigger delay at work is trying to use the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen; it won't let me type anything for over a minute.
I haven't posted about it because I figured my slow-ass connection was unique and I could live with it. But if you need help troubleshooting it I can be your guinea pig ;)

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I don't think I ever had a problem with the quick reply box. Sometimes it takes a while to actually post once you enter text and hit the reply button, is that what you're talking about?

ddrueding

Fixture
I don't think I ever had a problem with the quick reply box. Sometimes it takes a while to actually post once you enter text and hit the reply button, is that what you're talking about?

Nope. The box is there, and I can click in it, but typing yields nothing. It doesn't even save the typing for later. Eventually it just starts working without any indication that anything changed.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Seems better right now. Nothing new happening though.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I experienced a delay in trying to refresh and mark forums read. Then I received this message:

vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error..

What is meant by security token on this site?

LunarMist

I never had one of those Gibsons, unlike a Fender eons ago. I was not really into it and gave up after a while.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not sure what caused the performance issues. I did not get any alerts from the hosting provider like I typically do but I can look into it.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
I don't know why, but the forum is sluggish now and has been for the last five minutes at least. Maybe it considers that people shouldn't be awaken at 7am on a Sunday.

LunarMist

I suppose that is the inappropriate term. I clicked on the Monster Build sevral times and it was not found. Then I was trying to respond to a thread and it was not there to submit.
I recently awoke in my pants, so am a bit confused, but I know the Androidic message was there. Then on my PC, which takes a few minutes to boot, the page would not load either.
We'll see how it goes now.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
The forum has been slow for me for the last month. And that is with an internet connection is twice as fast as the one I had in June. Since nobody else brought it up, I didn't say anything, thinking it might be a latency issue on my side.

LunarMist

If you ever a statement to do to a police officer, don't include bits like the one above.

Well, it's not like I sleep in my car and the police would be waking me. :)

Apparently I did not include enough details for that part to be clear. Normally I don't sleep in my pants, but I sometimes have widely distributed incremental sleep zones, especially on weekends or PTO.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
The forum search forever whenever I try to reply to a thread. This is not isolated to a single thread. The first one I've tried to reply was P5-133XL's church thread.

Handruin

Administrator
The forum search forever whenever I try to reply to a thread. This is not isolated to a single thread. The first one I've tried to reply was P5-133XL's church thread.

The database crashed earlier this morning and I had to have support take a look. I don't fully understand what you mean by the forum search forever when replying to a thread.

Handruin

Administrator
I just tried it now and it took less than a second. Is it still happening for you?

Handruin

Administrator
When you hit the reply button at the top, does the animated wheel icon just spin? Is that what you see for a while before it takes you to the bottom of the page?

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not seeing the same issue through Firefox. It could be a network issue. I'm not exactly sure what vbulletin does with it's AJAX call when that button is clicked, but perhaps there's some delay at your location. I don't really use that button so it's not something I experience much of.