Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only know how to thaw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Here is an easy curry recipe. You can use chicken instead of lamb. I would probably use boneless, skinless chicken breazts or chicken tenders, cut them into smallish chunks, marinade for 24+ hours before starting this recipe. A nice spicy marinade would be equal parts of yogurt and sour cream with a few teaspoons of chile powder. If you don't want the hassle of making a marinade, you can buy them or just use your favorite vinaigrette dressing.

Foodnetwork

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Here's a favorite:

Coarsly up a bunch of onions, carrots, celery. Throw in a bowl. Add EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and mix with your hands to lightly coat them. Add a bunch of seasoning, salt pepper, poultry seasoning, tex mex, whatever you like & mix it in. Pour it all in a medium sized cookie sheet.

Take a medium size pork loin (thawed). Apply a light coat of EVOO and season with your favorites. Throw it on top of your bed of veggies. Thow in the oven and bake at 400F until the internal temp of the meat is 160F (about 25min). Quick and easy. Tastes yummy.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Do the same thing with sliced potato wedges and you got some nice home fries.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Here's my Honey-Mustard marinade recipe that goes really well with American-style BBQ pork ribs.

1 cup Dijon or any other full grained mustard
1 cup honey
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tablespoon of olive oil (extra virgin)
sprinkle of Worcestershire sauce (Soy sauce works well as a substitute).
pinch of sea salt (don't add the salt if using Soy Sauce)
sprinkle of mixed herbs (Rosemary , Garlic, Marjoram, Thyme, Oregano, Mint, Basil) aka Masterfoods Lamb herb mix here in Australia (http://www.masterfoods.com.au/products/catalogue/?prodPK=1518&ProdCat=17)

Mix together in bowl, add additional mustard, honey or oil as needed to soften/thicken as needed.

Coat pork ribs and leave in fridge for 2-3 hours. (Longer if you like the mustard flavour).

Fire up your BBQ (I use a traditional Charcoal Weber BBQ), and cook ribs turning once or twice only.

Also as a side, try sweet potato (or known as "yams" in the US) slow roasted on BBQ as well, served with sour cream and whipped butter. Add a garden salad in as well.

This is a great one while watching the footy/cricket with mates on the weekend!

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
And this one is for the late Sunday afternoon drinking session, when you have some nice ladies in attendance!

All you need is Vodka (good quality), limes, white sugar and water. (And some ice)

There are no measurements for this one, as it depends on how strong you like your drink. Normally 1 cup of sugar for each cup of water, and half a cup of vodka. 1 lime per cup of water.

Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan, then turn down heat, start adding sugar slowly, stirring consistantly. Once all the sugar has been added and dissolved, take off heat and place in glass pitcher and place in fridge, leave overnight to cool. (This is called sugar water and used as a basis for quite a few cocktails).

Thinly slice 1 lime, and muddle the rest of the limes in a wooden bowl. Add muddled limes to pitcher of sugar water (push the lime to bottom), add ice and vodka (a 2:1 mix works well). Stir a small bit to mix ingredients. Float the slices of lime on top. Serve immediately into tall 8oz glasses.

PS. Our bartender should be able to name this one!

Handruin

Administrator
... Add EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)...

:rotfl:

First thing I thought of after reading that:

2006_05_01-Rachel-Ray.jpg

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
And this one is for the late Sunday afternoon drinking session, when you have some nice ladies in attendance!

All you need is Vodka (good quality), limes, white sugar and water. (And some ice)

There are no measurements for this one, as it depends on how strong you like your drink. Normally 1 cup of sugar for each cup of water, and half a cup of vodka. 1 lime per cup of water.

Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan, then turn down heat, start adding sugar slowly, stirring consistantly. Once all the sugar has been added and dissolved, take off heat and place in glass pitcher and place in fridge, leave overnight to cool. (This is called sugar water and used as a basis for quite a few cocktails).

Thinly slice 1 lime, and muddle the rest of the limes in a wooden bowl. Add muddled limes to pitcher of sugar water (push the lime to bottom), add ice and vodka (a 2:1 mix works well). Stir a small bit to mix ingredients. Float the slices of lime on top. Serve immediately into tall 8oz glasses.

PS. Our bartender should be able to name this one!

The bartender doesn't know nothin'. But it sounds tasty, so make me one Chewy.

Handruin

Administrator
That is Rachael Ray. She has become so much more popular these days. She's on the food network and is known for her "$40 a day", and "30 minute meal" shows. The phrase EVOO is said many times by her on her shows...it's the first place I ever heard it and I was guessing that's where Clocker got it from (but I could be wrong). :) I think she's a pretty lady and that picture does her some justice.

ddrueding

Fixture
Ugh...watch out, those brazilian things are the biggest hangover in a bottle I've ever tried (and that is saying something). So much sugar and so much acid...

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I have recently acquired a deep fryer. Probably taking 10 years off my life expectancy, but what a way to go....

Tonight, boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a light flour batter.

paugie

Storage is cool
just saw this thread and took the poll.

too late to notice it was started in 2002!

anyway, I like to cook. but as we filipinos usually do, it's just mostly saute-ing. and the wife keeps me from the kitchen because I don't clean up afterwards, she does, or the kids do. The kids say I cook well enough. Got it from my father.

That Ray person is refreshing looking.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Paugie, could you tell us more about this saute that you make? Philippino cuisine is something I'm curious about.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Giada is freaking HAWT! She has made watching FoodTV with my wife so much more tolerable! :)

Rachel Ray has a nice face but seems to be lacking in some other areas. But yeah, that's where I first heard the term EVOO. Good call Doug!

ddrueding

Fixture
Just did the steak recipie for the second time. 4 big ribeyes on a huge (24"x18") cast iron skillet. Worked great; just as advertised. Only problem was that there was so much smoke I had to pull the battery from my smoke alarm.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
That was really good, but I want a barbeque. Now soliciting advice. I want one that can handle 4 large steaks simultaneously.

Is there a particular brand I should be looking for?

What do you think of this Ducane 688-Square Inch 2 burner?
I've always liked the Weber Charcoal Kettle style BBQ's, but Weber has just released a range of gas powered BBQs that should suite, (they have a split grill and hot plate setup). Even the smaller Kettle BBQs will fit 4 large steaks with ease.

The biggest advantage of the kettle BBQ setup, is that they can be used for roasting/baking as well as grilling, and hence get my vote. Charcoal also gives you options to smoke your meat with various flavours as well. (Weber Kettle BBQs now have optional gas attachment, if charcoal isn't your thing).

My only advise is to go to a BBQ store and check them out yourself in person...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My ex- bought me a "BBQ-Pit" Crock Pot for my birthday. It's a slow cooker, but it's constructed with racks inside to do indirect heat cooking of slabs of meat. Makes wonderful ribs and chicken, which is all I've had time to use it for. Absolutely wonderful for apartment dwellers who can't have proper grills.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I got a deep frier for Christmas. Anyone have any good ideas of things to cook?

I am going to cook some corn dogs in a moment to test it out.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
My arteries are clogging just thinking about all that deep fried fried stuff. I guess your doctors allow you to eat all of it.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I got a deep frier for Christmas. Anyone have any good ideas of things to cook?

I am going to cook some corn dogs in a moment to test it out.

Get a 5lb bag of wings from Walmart, and a bottle of hot wing sauce to suit. Fry wings for around 12 mins, drain, and mix in the sauce. Goes well with all types of beer.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Yeah I tried some wings in it last night. Quite good.

Corn dogs were good.

I need to go grocery shopping so I can construct some more complicated things to put in there.

Handruin

Administrator
The only place I've had one in a restaraunt was in natick Mass at a place called Bennigan's. It was tasty!

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
All this unhealthy food here, while it's not cooking, how about starting your meal with a Isalata Caprese? You must have bufala mozzarella though, non other have enough flavor. TJ's in the states wher some of you live has a brand that is $3 cheaper than the normal $8+ price of this imported Italian specialty.

Insalata-Caprese.jpg

Giada is freaking HAWT! She has made watching FoodTV with my wife so much more tolerable! :)

Rachel Ray has a nice face but seems to be lacking in some other areas. But yeah, that's where I first heard the term EVOO. Good call Doug!

Oh, you mean like a nonirritating personality :), or grating gravely voice? If you've seen her show, you'd think she's got an over abundance of most everything. Take about junk in trunk, and I'm sick of her constanly showing off excessive clevage. There are many small breasted Asian women I particularly enjoy seeing clevage with, but RR's chubby body and flabby cleavage is just too much all the freaking time...I think she's insecure. Hate her smile, gaps on either side are so big you could put two ... in them, never mind, that wasn't nice.

You guys need to raise your standards. If Giada or kind of heavy what's her name 'ella? are hawt, then I'm droooling to lick this woman's curry sauce, lol (and I don't usually like Indian women). Just caught the last few minutes of the TOP CHEF Bravo series, also running on NBC. If you want talk about a FN hottie...

Padmi lakshmi is freakin hawt!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padma_Lakshmi

Lp_cosmo.jpg