Sept. 19th is "Talk like a Pirate Day"

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Arrr! I be plannin' to make the lives of me hearties a great deal more surreal on September 19th, Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I'm tired of boring, somber religious festivals Talk Like a Pirate Day is the kind of holiday I think everyone should partake in.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Now this is serious business. Every presidential candidate needs to be asked whether or not he supports a national "Talk like a Pirate Day". And we need to know their voting record on programs for the peg-legged and one-eyed among us. You hear me Dean? Kerry? Edwards? Rev. Sharpton? Etc.?

Mercutio

I'd say what kind of "pirate" Bush supports talking like, but then there would be need for moderator action, and I really don't want to offend Bill's delicate sensibilities.

It does, however, bring to mind "Mercutio's first law of things that are funny": Everything is funny when preceding or following the word "Ass". Try it!

ddrueding

Fixture
Mercutio said:
I'd say what kind of "pirate" Bush supports talking like, but then there would be need for moderator action, and I really don't want to offend Bill's delicate sensibilities.

It does, however, bring to mind "Mercutio's first law of things that are funny": Everything is funny when preceding or following the word "Ass". Try it!

Sorry, I know this thread is old.....but the phrase:

Talk like a pirate ass day just came to mind....esp. when talking about Bush :)

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Sheesh.. talk about character ass-ass-ination.

P.S. Guess that makes me twice as funny as you guys.

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
D'Aargh, ye wretched seadogs let the sloop by ye with nary a word. I be too busy walking sorry scaves off the plank to notice meself.

Mercutio

I did indeed say "Arr" a lot on the 19th. My customer didn't really get it, even after I explained and showed him the web site, but I tried...

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Whose turn was it to get the fetching wenches this year and what's his excuse?

eh?

ddrueding

Fixture
sechs said:
ddrueding said:
We had an excellent game of Battlefield: Pirates and the "ar, yar, and aye" were said quite often.

Is that any good?

Not really, still has a long way to go before it's a finished product. But I really like being the "drunkard" class and beating people to death with my tankard...

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
ddrueding said:
sechs said:
ddrueding said:
We had an excellent game of Battlefield: Pirates and the "ar, yar, and aye" were said quite often.

Is that any good?

Not really, still has a long way to go before it's a finished product. But I really like being the "drunkard" class and beating people to death with my tankard...

I doubt that it'll go very far... but a drunkard class might be worthwhile....

Handruin

Administrator
Mad Roger Cash
Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Your pirate name is: Captain Morty Bonney

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
Dirty William Flint
You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Iron Tom Vane

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!

And I'm no Tom either.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Think of me as scrooge: I refuse to participate unless I'm visited by at least three ghost the night before. I have seen no drawback from previous non-participation occurrences.

paugie

Storage is cool
Mad James Rackham

I took the test, just for kicks. I wouldn't know how to speak "Pirate" if a gun was placed against me noggin. Still reading up on it. "James", at least, is my grandson's first name. 'Tis not mine. So I was wondering a bit aboot that.

Heh, Dave ever plan on doing the Pacific? Lot's of dog here if you still want it.

ddrueding

Fixture
I've done the "1st half" of the Pacific, but I don't think I'll be doing the "bigger half" anytime soon. You guys have real pirates over there, with rocket launchers and machine guns.

paugie

Storage is cool
Well, you'll be ok as long as you hit the "luzon" part (north) the pirates you are thinking about are in the "palawan" and "mindanao" part (south). And AFAIK, they get their rocket launchers and machine guns from our military who get them from your military. They get the old stuff much of which are duds by the time they get here. Only 2 months ago, there was an investigation into lots of mortar shells which didn't explode in the middle of a firefight.

oops, am I trying to invite you here or keeping you away?