Something Random

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Oh and good for you! Anyone who travels 1000 miles is certainly interested in seeing where it goes. Its a minimal threshhold but an non-insignificant one.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If you took the El to the northside you could take it back downtown and eat at one of the many restaurants, before you head back home. If you want restaurant recommendations let me know what kind of food you are looking for.

There are express trains but only during rush hour and, like I said, I've never been on the EL. It might be an adventure all its own, for all I know. I'd rather take the train than deal with the headache of parking but on the other hand, the South Shore schedule can be a little goofy at times, so there's that to consider as well.

The restaurants I normally think of as being downtown are either super-expensive or the same crappy chains they have everyplace. Usually I have someone or other telling me about x, the fantastic y place that's in z, some neighborhood I've never been in.

As far as things go, my friend has a subsistence life in Wyoming (she's from the Seattle area, though). She's excited about coming to Chicago to get a real Chicago Hot Dog. I have made no other food-related plans than that.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
There are express trains but only during rush hour and, like I said, I've never been on the EL. It might be an adventure all its own, for all I know. I'd rather take the train than deal with the headache of parking but on the other hand, the South Shore schedule can be a little goofy at times, so there's that to consider as well.

The restaurants I normally think of as being downtown are either super-expensive or the same crappy chains they have everyplace. Usually I have someone or other telling me about x, the fantastic y place that's in z, some neighborhood I've never been in.

As far as things go, my friend has a subsistence life in Wyoming (she's from the Seattle area, though). She's excited about coming to Chicago to get a real Chicago Hot Dog. I have made no other food-related plans than that.

I think taking the El is definitely an experience for tourists.

I actually prefer the Italian Beef over the Chicago hot dog. You could try out Al's Beef. There are plenty of places to get a Chicago style hot dog, either near Wrigley or downtown.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Hot Dogs are part of the baseball game experience, right? I'll probably buy 'em at Wrigley. Where they'll be $8 apiece or something...

But yeah there was official confirmation that I should be thinking of this whole outing as a "date", which is kind of a big deal for me even if it's only a matter of semantics otherwise.

And I'll get back to the matter of finding a doctor tomorrow, since I hafta go pick my ex up from the airport anyway.

Handruin

Administrator
Good luck with everything. I'm happy for you and I'll think positive thoughts for your adventure. Yes, the hotdog is part of the experieince. It costs more than average, but just go with the spirit this time around. I usually like the hotdogs at fenway park the few times I've been.

paugie

Storage is cool
you can buy eight (8) foot-long hotdogs here for $4.00
hahaha. of course, these don't come with a baseball game.
hOpe you enjoy your "date" Merc.

Striker

Learning Storage Performance
Hot Dogs are part of the baseball game experience, right? I'll probably buy 'em at Wrigley. Where they'll be $8 apiece or something...

But yeah there was official confirmation that I should be thinking of this whole outing as a "date", which is kind of a big deal for me even if it's only a matter of semantics otherwise.

And I'll get back to the matter of finding a doctor tomorrow, since I hafta go pick my ex up from the airport anyway.

Good luck and try to relax.
At least try and enjoy yourself.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Well, at a grocery store we can buy 8 hot dogs for a few bucks too.

I'm thinking Paugie is talking about a vendor on the street. 4 USD tends to go further over yonder.

Best of luck Merc. Do you drink the yellow water they call beer?

ddrueding

Fixture
I actually haven't had a drink in about 7 months. I used to drink quite a bit, but don't think I ever had a problem with it. Just decided to stop and my life (and health) have been better. Made the trip to Vegas much cheaper, too.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Problem is with device Firmware I think. :dunno: I've wasted so much time/money it's disgusting. (Wrong board, I know.)

LunarMist

Google is whacked out. The font is huge. Maybe they don't like my old version of IE any more?

LunarMist

Because it is there. :) I am using the IE6, which is an oldie. At work we have the IE8 but it is harder to use. I'll check out the Google there tomorrow.

LunarMist

MS is giving me a virus? What does that mean? I thought it was the Google keeping track of everything.

ddrueding

Fixture
MS is giving me a virus? What does that mean? I thought it was the Google keeping track of everything.

IE is the equivalent of a condom that has been hit with a shotgun. Google is the one telling you they are collecting information, MS is the one that has been caught over and over collecting information without telling you. Which would you prefer?

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
The old grinch from Oregon is one year older today. Fifty-something and still crunching (FAH).
One of the few here that still folds. Hint, everybody come back into the fold ...

Birthdays are not a big deal to me. I've had enough that they are no longer special and young enough that I don't feel lucky to have lived one more year.

Thanks all for your thoughts and well wishes.

LunarMist

IE is the equivalent of a condom that has been hit with a shotgun. Google is the one telling you they are collecting information, MS is the one that has been caught over and over collecting information without telling you. Which would you prefer?

I'm not sure what that MS info is you are talking about. I thought the ISP knows everything.