Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
But it is the same normal mailbox! I'm suspicious that the mail was exposed to water previously. Can the PO do that?

You mean "can it happen"? Sure. Was it raining during their delivery? Does your mailman do your route on foot? Are you near the end of a leg? Did his bag fall in a puddle while he was running from a dog?

Handruin

Administrator
You need something on screen from the beginning, just so people don't think it's broken. Also, some of your slow fades seem to be a little jittery...perhaps you are using too much compression?

They weren't jittery at all on my own machine, that's weird. I'll look up the compression when I get home, I don't know what the default was. It was created as a 24 fps 1080P video with the h.264 codec.

Handruin

Administrator
I just tried it on my work laptop using VLC and it wasn't jittery at all on this machine either. What kind of system did you play it from?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
You mean "can it happen"? Sure. Was it raining during their delivery? Does your mailman do your route on foot? Are you near the end of a leg? Did his bag fall in a puddle while he was running from a dog?

I was a thousand away.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Apparently Dell BTX-based systems have an expiration date, and that date is December 1st, 2009. I have five of them that people have brought me in the last week. I don't think I had been inside five BTX systems in my life before this week.

Also, it should be illegal to sell computers that don't have a PS/2 keyboard port.

That is all.

LunarMist

I recall it is an older C2D laptop. The power supply would be an OEM brick type.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Apparently Dell BTX-based systems have an expiration date, and that date is December 1st, 2009. I have five of them that people have brought me in the last week. I don't think I had been inside five BTX systems in my life before this week.

Also, it should be illegal to sell computers that don't have a PS/2 keyboard port.

That is all.
What was wrong with them? Were you able to fix them? If so, how?

LunarMist

I wish I had something bad to upgrade from. I'm not giving up the XP box yet.

LunarMist

Waiting on UPS for hours...:zzz: I can't even remember what I ordered, but I think it was blue, medium.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
What was wrong with them? Were you able to fix them? If so, how?

At the moment, I'm going with "These are out of warranty and not worth fixing 'cause they use retarded/obscure parts that I'm not willing to track down."

Anyway, I've been trying to get a couple Radeon 5850s for a couple months now. They sell out instantly at Newegg every time they're in stock, and at this point every online retailer except Amazon is offering them at minimally $100 over MSRP. Amazon has them available at the $260 they're supposed to cost, but they're not going to have any in stock until after the holidays.

So I have a perfectly nice i7 rig sitting here that I don't want to use until I can get the hardware in it that I was actually planning to use; if I'm going to install a copy of Windows that requires product activation I really want to make sure I have the right hardware in it.

I'm starting to become rather cross.

Handruin

Administrator
What manufacturer do you buy for ATI cards like the 5850 that you're interested in?

ddrueding

Fixture
Well, I've put in offers on two houses and not been selected yet. The first guy said he'd rather give it to the bank than accept my offer, the other was a short sale, and the bank turned it down, even though it was the highest. All the other houses in the area are bank-owned or complex short-sales. This may take a while.

LunarMist

Stuck here with no vehicle and not much food. :( 4 of lentil beans and 1 of pickles. Everything else looks expired.

Stereodude

Not really a
Well, I've put in offers on two houses and not been selected yet. The first guy said he'd rather give it to the bank than accept my offer, the other was a short sale, and the bank turned it down, even though it was the highest. All the other houses in the area are bank-owned or complex short-sales. This may take a while.
Just be patient. They're only going to get cheaper.

LunarMist

Not yet. That small computer is still in boxes. I'll be setting it up on site in a few weeks.

Speaking of Canada, that is becoming a serious issue. I may start another thread about it later.

LunarMist

Not yet. That "small" computer is still in boxes. I'll be setting it up on site in a few weeks.

Speaking of Canada, that is becoming a serious issue. I may start another thread about it later.