Something Random

Handruin

Administrator
Sorry you're having such a difficult time with managing a VM. I wish I had more options to offer you.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Yes a burpee is generally defined as a jump that turns into a pushup. Those were some creative variations!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
What kinds of jobs do you have to watch videos at work???

I administer computer systems, handle help calls, write documentation and training materials, fix PCs and teach. If I don't have any pressing emergencies and all the other stuff is done, it's basically down to just the "handle help calls" part, which means spending time in an office with a full home home theater setup, 32" and 24' monitors, 8TB of movies and music and the specific instruction to be as obnoxious as possible to the people who share a wall with my office.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Doesn't flash have its own cookie system that is independent of the browsers cookies. Thus, you can clean the browsers cookies all day long and still have cookies...

There is an option in the Flash to turn of the cookies.

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
I agree, but browser cookies are independent to the flash cookies. So unless you are deleting both sets you are not getting rid of cookies. The flash cookies were not mentioned...

Handruin

Administrator
I like flash cookies.

6029467802_91e18c87d3.jpg

Handruin

Administrator
I thought the U2711 had a high resolution. This U3011 is nucking futs. I know the older 30" is better, but it was also twice as much.

I saw the U2711 at MicroCenter recently and loved it. The U3011 looks nice on paper, but I've never seen one in person. I assume you just recently got it?

ddrueding

Fixture
Arrived today, replacing a P-series 24" as my secondary at work. The U2711 is at home, so I can't do a side-by-side comparison. At work the monitors are Sharp 42" -> Dell U3011 -> Acer 27" progressing off to my right along the wall with the 42" as primary.

Mercutio

I came home from the movie with a soda in a cup with a straw. My cat has never seen a straw before. He wants the straw SOOOOO bad. He's trying to stalk my drink.

Stereodude

Not really a
I saw the U2711 at MicroCenter recently and loved it. The U3011 looks nice on paper, but I've never seen one in person. I assume you just recently got it?
I didn't know you could see one powered up in person at Microcenter. I'll have to stop by the local store and check it out.

Handruin

Administrator
I didn't know you could see one powered up in person at Microcenter. I'll have to stop by the local store and check it out.

You might want to call first, but they had one out on display at mine when I was there about 3-4 weeks ago. It was connected to what looked like an Alienware machine, but it may have been something else. The case was one of the funky ones with a drop down vertical door thingy. Anyway, they had a nice selection of monitors on display. I only spent about 5 minutes checking it out. It looked nice, but I did not spend a lot of time with it.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I thought the U2711 had a high resolution. This U3011 is nucking futs.

I thought they had the same resolution, but I see it goes from 2560 x 1440 to 2560 x 1600. The increase in overall size should result in roughly the same scale of pixels per inch.

Very cool purchase for $1400.

ddrueding

Fixture
Real change is not going to happen in Russia. The people really don't want it. Even now 80s music is really popular with the young and old; nostalgia for better times.* The only people I met that prefer the way things are now are the crooks and the corrupt; no gulag any more, money can get you out of just about anything.

The people themselves don't really want freedom, they just want someone to tell them what to do and what amount of suffering is required for the common good.

*The parallel to modern day Greece is pretty massive actually. The govt. retained power by "bribing" the populace with a financially unsustainable standard. When the end of that line is reached, they cry like a baby because the gravy train is over.

Mercutio

Russia has gone from one crushing autocracy to the next spanning back most of its history. It's part of the national character.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
There's a sale on the Silverstone FT03 enclosure I've wanted for a long time. Too bad no one makes a dual-socket µATX motherboard. And why are things I want always on sale when I have no money. Probably because I never have money. Except for the few times I have. Which is rare.

Handruin

Administrator
Every time you get the urge to smash something, send me $20. I'll save you a ton of money and send it back to you in a year with interest. We'll deem it, Cougtek's anger management fund.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Two different customers ordered me some 4000$ of stuff today and another one is looking for a 1200$-1500$ gaming computer. Combined to the other computer I sold yesterday, I have a different puzzle than usual : too many orders for my buying capacity. I guess I prefer that to "not enough orders to make a living". If I can pull it out (I always do), it's going to be a nice Christmas time here.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Another customer called me about an hour ago to tell me he would buy a new computer too. Now I'm at almost 5000$ confirmed orders. And the guy with the 1600$ gaming computer hasn't replied yet...

I'll closely follow the weather network to see when money will fall from the sky next week. I'll need to grab a lot of bucks to buy parts for my customers.

ddrueding

Fixture
You don't have a line of credit and submit a PO to your suppliers?

That is harder and harder these days. Even if you have been reliably paying your LoC for years. We've had many of our accounts switched to cash only, with many of the rest wanting a credit card to secure POs.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Now I'm at almost 5000$ confirmed orders. And the guy with the 1600$ gaming computer hasn't replied yet...
Sold! So now I'm at 7 computers sold in three days. One is done and ready to deliver. I'll finish another one before going to bed tonight. I still have 3750$ of parts to purchase in order to fulfill my engagements. It's going to be tricky, but it should be feasible.

Regarding the credit cards, I've pretty much exhausted all options by now. If I keep selling computers at that rate though, I should be able to get some margin in a few months. It is a big "if".

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I don't know if it'll keep up, but I know it certainly keeps me up. With the systems assembly and service calls pilling up, I don't think I've slept 10 hours total during the last three days. Tonight, fuck off, my only meeting is with my bed.