Something Random

sedrosken

Allergic to Sunlight
Personally, I mostly just use it for window management (handling my tiling with RWin+numkeys) and I'm just much quicker entering in numbers with it than the number row. I don't really do much with spreadsheets, but I'd been thinking about it a little bit for doing a little budgeting.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Just like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you enjoy a safe and pleasant holiday period.

For all others who also celebrate other events at this time I also wish a:

• Happy Hanukkah
  • Io, Saturnalia!
  • Happy and Joyful Kwanzaa
  • Happy Constitution Day
  • Joyful Feast of Winter Veil
  • Happy Malkh-Festival
  • Happy Festuvus
  • A peaceful Anastasia of Sirmium feast day
  • And reasons greeting for those that celebrate Newtonmas

PS. Apologies if I missed a holiday you celebrate.

sedrosken

Allergic to Sunlight
Funny, I actually used Netscape 4 on the 486 for a short time before I figured out just how much faster IE 5.5 (6.0 SP1 on 98lite) is on the same machine. Night and day difference -- but Opera 8.50 is the best of all worlds for such a machine, it can render more modern sites than either and has tabs while still running acceptably within 32MB of RAM on a DX4-100. I never bothered with the email component -- I use ProtonMail, and the Bridge application only seems to work for serving to an email client running on localhost. It requires TLS anyway, something I'm pretty sure Communicator 4 has no concept of. If I ever get a VPS and domain like I was wanting, I might see about it then...