Something Random

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Cool Handy! Thanks for the link. It would seem best to stay on the ground, at home. If flying is needed, going to the Northwest seems less crowded.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Perhaps some of my previous ladies would have appreciated that, but the current one likes it's present measurements TYVM.

Some tools have multiple uses. Perhaps that one does, but now I'm not sure. Maybe NewEgg ordered them by mistake or through a related business. Given the low price of the tool, there must be a bunch or it would not be worthwhile listing them.

ddrueding

Fixture
Had another couple over for dinner last night. 4 people, 7 bottles of wine, everyone has a huge hangover, and the women can't remember anything after the steak.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Just got back from a cruise. While in St. Maarten, we pulled up next to the Freedom of the Seas. Turns out it was an all gay men's cruise.

http://www.atlantisevents.com/html/vac/FR07.asp

Talk about interesting viewing from our ship. Every guy on the ship seemed to be really buff and they were not at all shy about very physical public expressions of affection. I would say all the men were what women would consider good looking, 'hot' dudes. I don't thing there was a single woman on the cruise except for the crew. Now I see why our agent didn't book us on that one. :) What a surprise that would have been.

There was also a Holland America cruise there that appear to be an all gay female cruise. I could not find a 'hot' one amongst all of them leaving the ship to visit the city. :-( Interesting but sad contrast. I guess they can only be found on the web. :)

I also met Joe Piscopo on the cruise. He performed on our ship (Navigator of the Seas) and I ran into him in the gift shop. We had a little chat and he was a really nice and friendly guy. I never knew he was so multi-talented and was really good at performing Frank Sinatra songs. He'll be performing in Vegas soon.

ddrueding

Fixture
Well, after I'm done 'evaluating' it, it will need a home. Considering I'm using 750GB drives, I suspect it would be overkill for my personal needs.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My parents euthanized my dog Booker today.
He was 14 years old, which is very old for a Labrador.

He was the best dog in the whole world.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I just had to buy a new tire for my wife's car. $303 installed. :-(

Sorry to hear about your dog, Merc. That sucks way worse than my little annoyance.

Handruin

Administrator
Wow, that's a costly tire! Was it mostly labor costs, or does she have big expensive tires?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Wow, that's a costly tire! Was it mostly labor costs, or does she have big expensive tires?

Labor was next to nothing. It's mostly for the tire.

The rear tire (Michelin W-rated, P255/45R18 Pilot) got a screw just inboard of the sidewall. If it had been an inch or two closer to the center of the tire patch, it could have been repaired for $20. It was a slow leak (1-2 psi per day) but there was no way I was going to let my wife drive on it that way any longer. Thank goodness for the tire pressure monitor that gives you the psi of all 4 tires in the information center and lets you know when they get low. My trucks got that too. It's cool cause you can watch the psi change as you drive. Updates 1x every 60 seconds.

Front tires are P235/50R18 so I guess I don't have to worry about rotating. :p

LunarMist

My parents euthanized my dog Booker today.
He was 14 years old, which is very old for a Labrador.

He was the best dog in the whole world.

Sorry to hear that. I've outlived too many dogs and each is always a terrible loss. :( Are you doing OK? It has been a week away from SF.

LunarMist

Now I'm really worried about Merc. I hope nothing terrible has transpired. :(

LOST6200

Storage is cool
AWD vs. 4WD = total BS.

So I was trying to rebntal the 4wd vehicle casue the snows in eastyern Us are very bad this week. Ate teh renetal they caliimed no 4wd vehivles avaialable only All Wheels Drvie (AWD). WTF is teh differnce? Are tehre any cars with more than 4 wheels? Then thre was one supposedly left but the sapce was empty and I had to return. Friggguinlg morons at car rentals.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Basically an AWD may not be a full-time system, i.e. it only drives the front or back wheels until it detects slippage, in which case it transfers power to all four wheels. Or it's full time 4 wheel drive, but low range gearing selection is available.

A 4x4 on the other hand usually has a low range shift, for really difficult conditions.

Personally I would rather have 2WD with snow tires than an AWD with all-seasons. This year I went with the Nokian RSi's, however next year I think some Hakka4s with studs, the RSi's had a little bit of slippage over ice.