Something Random

ddrueding

Fixture
Cause you didn't have any cool IRL friends to throw you a bachelor party? :p

That was last weekend. I knew I would be damaged, so we made it a week early. I ended up going through a complete 750ml bottle of Belvedere before drinking an entire bottle Coppola's Director's Cut. Let's just say I still haven't recovered.

ddrueding

Fixture
Congratulations, Dave! Enjoy yourself at your wedding.

I'll settle for leftover pizza.

Here's what usually happens here.
The neighbors come over to help cook food for you. You're glad they've come to help. So they're gutting the pigs, chickens and whatever else you've raised just for this occasion. Then they start cooking. Then serving. The food starts flooding the dining hall and you're happy. You're welcoming everyone and urging them to eat, eat, eat! There's more where that came from.
What you don't know is that half of the food is already finding it's way across the fence to the cooks' homes.

That is interesting, here is what happens here. You hire someone to start spending money for you (wedding planner), because it goes out the door way too quickly for you to do it alone. You prioritize a guest list, and adjust the sliding scale to the size of wedding you want (full list >200, final list <20). Book a venue, book a caterer, book a photographer, work out the details with a rental company, rent a tuxedo. Keep your soon-to-be wife from having a coronary every time something goes wrong. End up going 30%+ over budget (all I know is that it's 4-figures).

That is all I've done so far, we'll see about the rest in the next few hours.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations!

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Welcome to the club, dd.

Here's how we did it: Bought a book for planning your own wedding. It included software for planning/budgeting and checklists for what items should be done how far in advance. Did things ourselves in advance as far as possible. Hired my brother to be the photographer (he's a good amateur/hobbyist). Skipped the videographer. Decided early on for a small wedding & large reception. The in-laws are members of a private club so we rented their banquet hall for cheap. My MIL used to run a restaurant so she organized the reception food & oversaw hired waitstaff. A brother in law & his wife's brother tended bar. My wife & some relatives put together the reception design (table decorations, etc.) & favors. She & I made the reception gifts. We rented a gazebo in a public park for the ceremony. A friend of the MIL did the cake. Used a friend-of-the-family priest since we were coming from out of state.

The rehearsal dinner was a cookout at the in-law's place. Breakfast the day after was at a local restaurant. While I rented a tux, I used my own black dress shoes (who looks at the groom's feet anyways?).

Some things were' normal: The limo & flowers were just arranged with local vendors.

All told there was a lot of planning but the bulk was done well over 6 months in advance. By taking advantage of relatives, family friends, & doing things ourselves we saved a lot. The wedding + reception cost between $5-6K (not including rings) and was paid for in cash. Of course it helps that, being the second time around for both of us, we didn't feel the need for anything elaborate. And we're casual people at heart so fancy stuff mostly just seems impractical.

The honeymoon was about $7K, which included flying to Seattle, driving to Vancouver, taking an Alaskan cruise (cabin with veranda, excursions, shopping) for a week, and getting back home.

Was everything perfect? No. But the glitches were minor & didn't detract from the main event. And I guess it worked; 6+ years later and we're still going strong.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yep, that is about how our is going. The list above is more normal, but we've managed to not have anyone that isn't a friend attend. The total guest list of 19 includes the caterer, photographer, videographer, DJ, minister, bartender, and fixer. All of those were free. The location is my new office building (built with facilities for entertainment and a gorgeous lobby) which is also free. The budget of ~6k is split evenly between Olga's wardrobe (3 outfits) and everything else (food, booze, hotel rooms for friends and family, plane tickets for out of town guests, dance floor rental). Rehearsal dinner at a restaurant was paid for by my dad, and breakfast tomorrow will be at the guest's hotel.

We'll be going to Hawaii for the honeymoon mid-january, but I haven't budgeted for that yet.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Contgartulations! Now get off the forums and yor ass in gear for that weirdding. Is this ytour firs^t mariagge?

ddrueding

Fixture
This is my first, and her second. I'm still working in jeans and a t-shirt. Photos are in 30 minutes and the wedding in 2 hours. No sweat ;)

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Here's what usually happens here.
The neighbors come over to help cook food for you. You're glad they've come to help. So they're gutting the pigs, chickens and whatever else you've raised just for this occasion.

Not very many vegetarians around those parts?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I'm not sure wether I should offer you my congratulations or my sympathies. I hope it will turn out the way you wished it would be.

paugie

Storage is cool
Not very many vegetarians around those parts?
The regular fare is veggies and fish.

For weddings, it's pork, pork, and beef, beef and more beef. Uh, the better weddings have lots of goat cooked in differing recipes but all done to make the beer and hard liquor better.

I'm describing rural (provincial) weddings folks. The urban weddings are very western.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Please excuse LM's blogger style one word posting. What one might infer (but obviously not everyone :0 ) is that LM meant by that one word question:

"What is worse (worst)?" ...in reference to CougTek's >" But there's worst "

Meaning, what is worse than Merc's entire life so far, sucking donkey balls :jumpin:

At least Merc doesn't have irrefutable proof of the existence of God, having yet another episode of the Twilight Zone of the Jedi mindfook of my life :D (meaning there is a God, I have seen the light, Halleyluyah! And God is a sick bastard ;) ...to be continued...hope Merc doesn't have another headache trying to understand that :eek: )

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tryin (but prolly unsuccessfully) to tangent, jack back to SR, the SSD thread :D.

Old newstory, GQ Megan Fox covergirl, WR's fav babe of the hour:

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_7458

Sounds a bit too freaky for jtr or me, not that we'd ever even get close to her...but really, groping his (her b/f) d**k under the table at a café? Control yourself woman!

Current newsstand edition has the supposedly 'beautiful' 40yr old Jennifer Anniston, nekkid. Umm, still looks like Jay Leno's chin on a female body if you ask me. Good thing she never had children with 'chinny' Brad Pitt.

Maybe Merc or jtr should become Queens teachers, might be able to hook up with some teenage 'girltoy' fashion model, anything is possible :).

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11262008/news/regionalnews/boy_toy_in_tv_tantrum_140981.htm

(comments to this story are hilariously snarky/dumb, bout a seriously disturbing story...just for the weirdness, not that she's a child molester).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I got in an argument with one of those bell-ringing fucks today. I put $10 in their bucket and when she said "Merry Christmas" I responded with "Have a safe and happy Kwanzaa!" and she started lecturing me about how I was a pagan and how I shouldn't have put money in her bucket if it wasn't done in "the spirit of the Baby Jesus." Seriously. She said that. She didn't know what Kwanzaa was. I explained it to her (I memorized the wikipedia entry a while ago as a sort of running joke about my co-workers' holiday spirit), and then she was pissed at me because she was proud to be part of the white race (she actually said "white race", too) and had no African heritage. That was the point when I decided she was too ignorant to bother talking to.

LunarMist

What an ungrateful loser! You should have taken it back and told her "Happy Festivus." :D

LOST6200

Storage is cool
My pluug is too short. Whay are they dioffernt? All of the pluggen should be the same lenght.

Last edited:

ddrueding

Fixture
The screaming monkey in your luggage is not amusing airport security, your plug is too short (not reading into this one ;)), and you need a doctor?

LOST6200

Storage is cool
tHey are unrealteed. I shoudl be more clare. The tip de pluug does not extend far enough. There shodu be standardfs!
Who says IU need a docotor?

LunarMist

The screaming monkey in your luggage is not amusing airport security, your plug is too short (not reading into this one ;)), and you need a doctor?

There is a screaming monkey in the luggage? Was Tea abducted? ;)

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Edit to my prior post ;).

I was thinking, HTF is this possible? (link below). Merc's ave. maybe 6 posts/day for 7yrs straight! Impressive. Think honold was a little higher than that per day for a few yrs @SR.

Seems SR has been on the Net since 1997?

Now considering I've seen a lot of Admn at other forums hit 50k posts, no problem...if the forum has been up for 5+yrs.

But damn, if you had a site up for 11 yrs going like SR, obsessive compulsive to the Nth degree, how is it possible with sickness and days "off" when you can't be online, to ave 30posts/day for 11yrs straight? Means to make up for 'off-days' you'd have to put in a lot of 60+post/day year in and year out.

Damn this guy needs HELP!
MEGAN FOX Groping her boyfriend @ a [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]cafe[/COLOR][/COLOR] on 5-18-06
new.gif

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/599755/an/0/page/0

General RAAM
adm.gif

I still don't understand how the Geek from 90210 gets all these hot women.
mad.gif

<--jealous
tongue.gif

Nice post HWB, Megan is UBER-HOT!!
sp_drool2.gif

Is that ^^^real? over 110,000 posts, in what time frame, even if one word posts like LM, or honold :D ?