Something Random

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Well works now, I have to wonder because they don't much like me over there.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
When I list an ebay character reference for something I am selling they throw a fit. I got them to allow a link straight to my ebay "feedback" page but they won't allow linking to the "my world" page or straight to any products obviously which was the original intent of the rule. There was an amazing amount of back and forth involved in working that out, thread deletions and warnings also.

At the time I asked I could reach the site with my phone but not my desktop, then it stopped working after I signed in to the forum on my phone...

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There's plenty of internet communities full of retards. Free Republic or the comments section on any widely-viewed Youtube video ought to prove that.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
The point here is they have a rule and the simple minds have no ability to interpret the meaning of the rule.

This is why you can't take a nearly empty tube of toothpaste in carry on luggage. The tube says it is six ounces which is clearly over the limit of 3 or 4 (whatever it is), It doesn't matter that it is nearly empty. The supervisors involved know they can't allow people to think because then there is a potential argument brewing on how empty does it have to be to get under 3 or 4.

I don't suffer situations like this well, but I think I did a decent job in arguing so as to get the link to "feedback" page approved. Theory is that there isn't anything visible for sale on that specific page.Get this though, before that I got a post deleted for mentioning that my username on ebay was the same it was on the forum and to check there for my feedback rating. I don't have this problem on any other forums, it's weird.

Mercutio

In a lot of cases, simple rules exist because they're easier to understand and enforce for an audience that may not understand or tolerate nuance or complexity. I'd draw parallels to religion but it's probably unnecessary to do so here.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Get this though, before that I got a post deleted for mentioning that my username on ebay was the same it was on the forum and to check there for my feedback rating.

Sacrilege! You mentioned it here too! Oooh, when Handruin will see that... ;-)

The toothpaste phobia, I don't get it. I still have to hear about someone robbing a bank by menacing the employee with a toothpaste tube. I suppose you can use it as an explosive ingredient, but still.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
How about using the evacuated tube to contain an explosive ingredient?

If it is travel size obviously that is OK right??

They do have chemical sniffers though, but I found out that they don't do anything when detecting gun powder. Or at least if you declare guns in checked baggage they ignore that alarm I guess. Guy swabbed my whole bag including the gun box and the machine never made a noise but I didn't see the screen.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
A small amount of volatile, flammable solvent in a container with a large headspace can make a potent explosive when detonated.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
In a lot of cases, simple rules exist because they're easier to understand and enforce for an audience that may not understand or tolerate nuance or complexity. I'd draw parallels to religion but it's probably unnecessary to do so here.

I think the average age there is 13-14. At that age most have discovered that their pecker is useful for other things besides peeing, so being able to think is imposible.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Some quick Australian related news: The ACCC has approved Foxtel's buyout of Austar, allowing Foxtel to become the sole pay-TV service provider in Australia.

iiNET and TPG are not happy with the decision, as it will make competiton in the IPTV segment harder going up against a company that provides both HFC (cable), satellite and soon-to-be-released IPTV services. (Basically Foxtel gets first rights to new and existing channels, as they can offer the bigger $$$ upfront for exclusive rights to the channel).

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus.../story-fn91v9q3-1226324296271?from=public_rss

Mercutio

I won tickets to a ridiculously early pre-screening of the Avengers today in a comic convention panel about geek dating.

Ironically, now I have to find a date for that.

Mercutio

She lives 2.5 hours from downtown Chicago and in a different time zone. And she's not particularly nerdy.
As to the second question, no comment.

LunarMist

You don't have to disable the 2.4Ghz, just give the 5Ghz a different SSID.
I have mine named RickardsHome and RickardsHome5G.
The blu-ray is set to the 5Ghz. Everything else is the 2.4Ghz.
If you give them the same SSID then I think the device will pick what it thinks is best.

:thumbleft: That worked. However, the 5GHz bands are at a significantly lower signal strength. Is that normal?

DrunkenBastard

Storage is cool
If it is travel size obviously that is OK right??

They do have chemical sniffers though, but I found out that they don't do anything when detecting gun powder. Or at least if you declare guns in checked baggage they ignore that alarm I guess. Guy swabbed my whole bag including the gun box and the machine never made a noise but I didn't see the screen.

When we went over to New Zealand to shoot, as a team with probably 10 of us and 40+ pistols plus plenty of ammo, coming out of Sydney, they had us put all our checked baggage to the side, then a couple of blokes came by and actually applied some kind of solution to the outside of our checked bags with a swabber that looked like a pooper scooper that had been modified for other uses. Probably to trigger the detection machines with a "these bags have been declared to have firearms/ammo in them?

Handruin

Administrator
I take offense. I want details. Man spends night with stripper and stocks bar full of alcohol. End result is a them playing chutes and ladders and cuddling by a fire with a good book and music. :sqnt:

LunarMist

I get the feeling gunsmithing happened or whatever happened did not go very well.

LunarMist

Can you at least mention the alcoholic beverage consumption? Wine, beer, distilled evil chemicals?