Something Random

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
Last edited:

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
@LM, Visited Korea or Korean websites recently? (could be tracking cookies think you're in Korea for some reason)?
Alternatively, your public IP is registered as residing in Korea, hence web trackers think you're in Korea? (You can use https://www.whatismyip.com/ip-address-lookup/ or https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip-demo to determine where "they" think you are).

No, none of that. Is it something caused by Androids or the Google? After I clear the cache it comes back again. :(

LunarMist

I don't log onto the Google and am using Fire Fox. Is that a problem?
It is an old phone on the marshmallow plan, but I don't want to give up all the batteries.

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
It could simply be one of the sites you are visiting are using ad-servers that default to Korean content for some reason, and is leaving tracking cookies that other sites are picking up on...

Have you installed an adblocker or privacy plugin for your browsers? (I'm unsure if the regular plugins like uBlockOrigin and/or Ghostry work on FF on Android)?

LunarMist

Oh, you got the reference after all...

I had to the go Bing and the Google later on. I don't recall seeing the film, or if I did it was well before I had the internet.
I remember a film with John Travolta but it was something different.

Stereodude

Not really a
:cheers: Happy July 4th fellow US residents! :rambo:

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: Don't blow off any fingers playing with fireworks. :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

LunarMist

None are allowed in my zone, but there are a number of illicit explosions. :(
It's really rough on pets.

LunarMist

And how many pets do you have?

None at this point. After the last one perished a few years ago I was reluctant due to my condition. :(
Now that I'm in much better shape I've been thinking about getting a small purebred (indoor dog) that would be highly likely to find a good home if it outlasted me.

Stereodude

Not really a
None at this point. After the last one perished a few years ago I was reluctant due to my condition. :(
Now that I'm in much better shape I've been thinking about getting a small purebred (indoor dog) that would be highly likely to find a good home if it outlasted me.
What do you have against a mutt? They're usually much more healthy and have less genetic problems.

LunarMist

That's what I've been told.
Anyway, I will be incarcerated at a thousand degrees or whatever as an economic measure.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Are you pregnant?

If the somebody is a doctor who is looking at your blood test results, the advice makes sense. Otherwise it's just more popular stupidity.

LunarMist

Are you pregnant?

If the somebody is a doctor who is looking at your blood test results, the advice makes sense. Otherwise it's just more popular stupidity.

No, that it not what they mean. :(

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
Honestly my biggest disappointment as usual with this Radeon is the drivers. :shaking:

I'm stuck on 17.3.3 as it's the latest that, y'know, works and has functional Vulkan. 18.x causes intense microfreezing at the Windows desktop -- checking Afterburner it seems to be forcing my core clock down to 300MHz max. That would seem to imply Wattman is causing issues, this is fine as I use Afterburner for everything and could just disable it... if I can somehow finagle that.

LunarMist

What exactly is the computer not doing for your purposes using the last stable drivers? What will be lost if you wait for the newer drivers to mature?

Stereodude

Not really a
I got to fix my Epson Perfection 3170 Photo flatbed scanner this morning after it unexpected died. A piece of plastic that holds the spring loaded sliding tensioner (for the drive belt) captive on one side fatigued and broke off leaving the belt with no tension. I drilled a hole in the plastic case and used a small machine screw and two nuts to hold it captive, but able to slide.

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
Turns out the problem I had with my board where I couldn't do dual-channel was due to a CPU mis-seating. How it worked as it was I don't know, but I corrected the problem and am now running in dual-channel.

Stereodude

Not really a
Home Depot's website is something special. It runs more scripts than pretty much any website I've ever seen. I try to sign in checkout and it tells me my password and e-mail don't match their records. I do a password reset, they e-mail the verification code, I enter the verification code, it prompts me for my new password, I enter it, and it tells me I can't use the password I entered because it matches my old one... The one it wouldn't take (I made several attempts). So I cancel the password change and magically I'm signed in and can checkout. Unreal... And this was after I initially couldn't even get to the point of signing in in Firefox even though all scripts were allowed and I had the adblocker disabled. Clicking checkout would just dump you back to the cart screen.

Oh, and the website pretty much doesn't work at all in Edge. I tried that after my initial problems with Firefox. I could start the checkout process, it didn't like my password, I tried to reset it, and it was telling me the verification code was wrong even though it wasn't. I'm pretty sure I can handle copying and pasting a 6 number code, or typing it in correctly.

If their deal of the day hadn't been worth buying I would have given up. :frusty:

LunarMist

Home Depot's website is something special. It runs more scripts than pretty much any website I've ever seen. I try to sign in checkout and it tells me my password and e-mail don't match their records. I do a password reset, they e-mail the verification code, I enter the verification code, it prompts me for my new password, I enter it, and it tells me I can't use the password I entered because it matches my old one... The one it wouldn't take (I made several attempts). So I cancel the password change and magically I'm signed in and can checkout. Unreal... And this was after I initially couldn't even get to the point of signing in in Firefox even though all scripts were allowed and I had the adblocker disabled. Clicking checkout would just dump you back to the cart screen.

Oh, and the website pretty much doesn't work at all in Edge. I tried that after my initial problems with Firefox. I could start the checkout process, it didn't like my password, I tried to reset it, and it was telling me the verification code was wrong even though it wasn't. I'm pretty sure I can handle copying and pasting a 6 number code, or typing it in correctly.

If their deal of the day hadn't been worth buying I would have given up. :frusty:

I resort to the smartphone for some sites now. It should work with the current MS though.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
Home Depot's website is something special.

It is. And it isn't. And that's sad.

You would think by now, in the late 2010s that eCommerce sites would have their shit together and "just-f'ing-work" when you are trying to give them money. I had trouble with Big5Sportinggoods thanking me for my order, but then the order never 'went through." I've had Newegg 'error-out' and the website 'freeze,' but everything ended up 'working' and order was completed. BestBuy seems to have multiple accounts for me with reward points randomly going to different accounts. Etc, etc, etc.

Not inspiring much confidence in their sites. At all.

How it should work. A million scripts/adds/trackers/whatevers while you are surfing site, adding to shopping cart, etc, is shitty, but semi-acceptable ---(that shit ain't never going to go away)---, BUT ONCE YOU GO TO CHECKOUT......all that shit should end and you should only have 1-3 scripts running and you get a clear warning, before you enter tons of info, to enable said scripts. Site should check your browser type/version and work with all browsers that are at least semi-modern. Sites should know people are running Ad-blockers, script-blockers, Ghostery-type-tracker-blockers, etc, etc and plan for those and work with those. And then simply just work. Give a clear indication that transaction was successful on screen, and send an email saying transaction was completed successfully. Done.

Stereodude

Not really a
You would think by now, in the late 2010s that eCommerce sites would have their shit together and "just-f'ing-work" when you are trying to give them money. I had trouble with Big5Sportinggoods thanking me for my order, but then the order never 'went through." I've had Newegg 'error-out' and the website 'freeze,' but everything ended up 'working' and order was completed. BestBuy seems to have multiple accounts for me with reward points randomly going to different accounts. Etc, etc, etc.
Frankly, the sites worked better 5 years ago before they larded up everything with hooks into social media platforms and the like. We're going backward.

snowhiker

Storage Freak Apprentice
^^^ Agreed.

Add Levi.com to the list of shitty sites! What a cluster fuck that site is.

None of the local stores sell the Levi 550 jeans I like to wear so I have to order online. Usually $60/each + tax/shipping. On sale yesterday for $35/each and FREE shipping. Awesome.

Nope. I can't log in because my password doesn't work. I clearly write these passwords down then log in/out of the site a few times to ensure it works and I wrote password down correctly. Password is bad. OK whatever. Do the password reset thing. The site NEVER SENDS ME A PW-RESET EMAIL. I checked spam folder, etc. NOTHING. 12 HOURS after I sent request for a reset and still NO PW-reset email. Closed Firefox and tried IE. Still can't get PW reset email. WTF. OK gotta leave for work soon so checkout as guest. Enter all my CC info, address, etc click the "submit order" button and site takes a shit and just sits there. I do get an email from my bank saying a charge was authorized on my CC, but no "order complete" email. Total cluster fuck of a site.

/end rant