Something Random

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio: You've been seriously screwed, by a seriously psycho B.

Realize it, and deal with it. It's happened to me a couple times, and, it's probably not completely her fault in this case.

I'm sorry this happened to you, and, I'm sorry for the kid they are trying to adopt.

S

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
i said:
Mercutio -- you are a genuinely good person. I wish I could help somehow.

Same from me.

Got your letter today, BTW. Thanks!

You oughta go into medicine with that kind of handwriting. :wink:

paugie

Storage is cool
I put myself in Mercutio's shoes, and suddenly I can't think.

Would it help if they could reverse the operation? I suppose with new technology, that would be doable.

I can't think.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've just checked and it would cost me 488$CDN, without the taxes, just for the tickets from here to Chicago (and back). I don't have the cash for this right now. And I'm not sure I could do something for your mood when there. Too bad. I would like to help you. I simply can't right now. Anyway, I don't have a passport.

A suggestion : Try to find a group that organize trips in some wild place. Yellowstone, Niagara Falls, Mount Washington, Grand Canyon, whatever. I don't think your finances are a limiting factor. You don't seem very wealthy, but I think you have some space. Use it. It won't kill you. Doing nothing will.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
i said:
Mercutio -- you are a genuinely good person. I wish I could help somehow. :-?
Me too. And like Coug, I'd like to give some buddy time but I don't have the resources to fly out there and am not sure I'd do any good (I'm not exactly Mr. Popularity). If you're willing, Merc, I'd be glad to talk on the phone.

Callous as this may seem, it appears to me that the only way you're going to find peace in the futre is to move on and put this behind you.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Just thought about it but, if Merc let himself die...who will plan things next time Doug needs a new system in about three years? I sure don't want to organize this Hell myself.

Merc, we still need you.

Handruin

Administrator
I'd be willing to come for a visit, but I can't right now. Once I find a new place and settle in and the new year rolls in, I'll have weeks of vacation sitting idle.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Guys, I don't need a visitor. But thank you for offering.

I guess I need to find something else to keep myself occupied, 'cause sitting in my dark bedroom probably isn't all that healthy. :|

ddrueding

Fixture
Mercutio said:
Guys, I don't need a visitor. But thank you for offering.

I guess I need to find something else to keep myself occupied, 'cause sitting in my dark bedroom probably isn't all that healthy. :|

I could reccomend Australia, the women there love American men. On top of that it is beautiful and has a population density you would find attractive. Leave soon to avoid the middle of the summer.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I send my condolences Merc for whatever they're worth. I just can't understand how a person could change so drastically as your ex, especially someone in their late 20s.

I hate to say this but if she were my ex I think I would put a contract out on her. :diablo: As it is I feel like doing that anyway given all the aggravation she's caused you. Just kidding of course, I wouldn't actually do it but nevertheless I sure feel like it.

Hang in there, Merc. One of these days the clouds are going to part and the rays of sunshine will peek through. You're a good person, it's only a matter of time before some of that goodness is returned to you.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Merc, if you ever want to meet face-to-face again, I'll remind you that I'm just a little more than an hour away. Not so far that we couldn't just meet up for dinner or something sometime.

ddrueding

Fixture
Wow am I really, really depressed. I don't hold a candle to Merc's situation, but I'm still busting open a bottle of Belvedere at 6AM.

Upon arrival at the airport this morning for my flight to Argentina, I was informed that I don't have an available "visa" page on my passport. Mond you, there are plenty of other free pages, but none with the little writing "visa" on it. Therefore I can't get on the plane. Worse, the fastest I could manage to get pages added would be nearly 72 hours and include a flight to New York. Including the flight, the process would cost nearly $1000 by the time I'm through and I would arrive 3 days late. Oh, and on top of that, since the flight was already boarding when this was discovered, no refund of any kind is available. So now my cost is $1000 for the passport issues and another $1200 for the plane ticket.

Conisdering I was broke already, I am unable (though quite willing) to cover these costs. So now my girlfriend is on her way to Buenos Aires for 2 weeks alone.

Worried for her, mad at myself, and dissapointed to no end.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Mercutio

Yeah... my situation with them actually got worse over the weekend. Like to the point where they've asked me not to communicate with them any more.
And their reasoning for doing so is soooo irrational that it's just surreal. I can't believe either of them are behaving the way they are.

They swear they owe me money. I said I won't take it, 'cause they don't. Therefore, I'm not being respectful of their wishes. Ergo, I shouldn't be in their lives. I was informed of this during a 30 second phone call during which my phone died.

This is the first time I've ever had a "What the fuck!?!" reaction to anything involving either of them. Usually I can see where they're coming from.

But for not wanting to take their money, I apparently just lost my entire social life.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Call 'em, take the money, and donate it to a charity you like. An animal shelter would do nicely if you can't think of any other "deserving" charities.

People get wierd over money.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Offering money in return for something done as a favor is often a way of distancing yourself from the person who did you a favor. Instead of thinking of the person as a friend who did something for you gratis, they just become another person you had a business transaction with. Feeling obligated to return a favor with another favor is another means of doing the same thing. I suspect this is the problem here. The offer of money might be a (subconscious) attempt on the part of Merc's ex to distance herself from him, or maybe it's all just a misunderstanding as it seems to be on the surface.

If they're willing Merc, you really need to have a sit down to clear the air.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Holy moly! I missed the opart that Merc's GF was a doctor and performed the procedure herslf. Still adpoptin is not reproduction so it not so terribvle.

I think we need to take Merc on a raqod trip to Las Vegas. :) He needs to just let go and cut loose. THE blondes don't seems as real as in Amsterdam, but can be intersting in different ways. ;)

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio said:
Yeah... my situation with them actually got worse over the weekend. Like to the point where they've asked me not to communicate with them any more.
And their reasoning for doing so is soooo irrational that it's just surreal. I can't believe either of them are behaving the way they are.

They swear they owe me money. I said I won't take it, 'cause they don't. Therefore, I'm not being respectful of their wishes. Ergo, I shouldn't be in their lives. I was informed of this during a 30 second phone call during which my phone died.

This is the first time I've ever had a "What the fuck!?!" reaction to anything involving either of them. Usually I can see where they're coming from.

But for not wanting to take their money, I apparently just lost my entire social life.

That is looking really good from here. :wink:

gs

Handruin

Administrator
I had a boring-ass salad for lunch...but the slice O' pumpkin pie was slammin'

ddrueding

Fixture
Having a clan party at the game center. Between the 6 women, there was apple pie, vanilla cake, fudge, creme brulee, and a few other goodies. I provided the wine. Dawn of War, CNC: Generals, Battlefield 2, UNO, and Betrayal at House on the Hill. Most fun so far. So tired.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Bought a second Elantra, for the wife. Tidal Wave Blue.

POS Taurus shat the brakes again, got sick of putting money into it.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
The moon has been nice around here the past two days.
Nice cloud cover around it giving it a glow.
Last night the clouds were moving very fast so my 3 year old son asked why the moon was floating.

Mercutio

Had a third-round interview for a new job today. I don't mind my current job, as I'm pretty much on my own 90% of the time, but the 75% - 100% pay increase + company car + benefits + retirement plan + bridged time from previous employment (11 years = 25 days of vacation time) might make it a decent career move anyway. I know I'm one of two final candidates. The other guy has a PhD and a couple master's degrees, but he's 59 years old and there's two years of product-specific training involved.

I'd have to move again, which might take some of the sting of not getting to speak to my ex- and her partner. Sadly, I'd still be in the USA, which at this point I don't consider a positive. And I'd probably have to help my contracting clients find someone new to handle their service needs. Some of those people, I've been supporting for eight or nine years now.

Man, I wish I could actually feel happy about any of that.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio said:
What Badgers Eat

timwhit will get it.

That is a pretty obscure reference and took me a few minutes to get it. But, generally the references I come up with are just as obscure.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF20

I generally watch a few Simpsons episodes a week. I go in spurts though. This episode is season 12 which i normally don't watch. I normally watch seasons 2-8 more regularly.

Handruin

Administrator
It sounds like a good move. Uproot your current lifestyle and force you to change, even if you resist. I'm doing it now, and it's probably for the best, thought sad.

ddrueding

Fixture
Mercutio said:
Man, I wish I could actually feel happy about any of that.

Sounds good to me. I've noticed things I don't like about people, and tried to be different myself. The biggest thing is that people resist change, so I try to think that change in and of itself is a good thing, and only other drawbacks will make me reconsider. The other (very related) thing is to say no be default to optional things (parties, trips, etc). I try to make an earnest attempt to do everything that is offered to me. This has certainly let to an eventful life, though not always a comfortable one. It's hard to explain to someone that you didn't want to go, but you dragged yourself out to the bar to meat people.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
ddrueding said:
...dragged yourself out to the bar to meat people.

That's one of the best Freudian slips I've read this year. :lol:

Mercutio

I realized quite a while ago that I don't belong in bars where I might meat people.

Isn't meating something you don't do on a first date?
I am going to save meating for after I am married. What consenting adults do with 2lbs. of London Broil is entirely up to them, but I want my first time to be special.

OK, I'm done now.

ddrueding

Fixture
i said:
ddrueding said:
...dragged yourself out to the bar to meat people.

That's one of the best Freudian slips I've read this year. :lol:

:oops: Sorry, wrote that post @ 3AM right after driving back from San Francisco. Had an awesome dance with a beautiful woman, and a bunch of dances with nice women. In fact, when the women were scarce, I took a buddy out on the floor and impressed most of the ladies. No meating though, my GF is still in Argentina and Olga is married.