Something Random

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My new kitten is free of bad stuff. No FIV, no fleas, no mange. He is very cute. I shall post kitty pictures as soon as I find some batteries.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Either way the kitten will be getting a far better home than he would have staying with the morons who thought he was disposible goods.

Mercutio

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Merc,

Perhaps you need more light or a faster lens?

How many cats are you allowed?

Mercutio

I am keeping him for the time being. I have not named him yet, because I don't know if he will be a permanent addition to the household, since he's turned my other male cat into a total basket case.

So I need a name for him.

I gave him a bath last night. By myself. He still has back claws. I have a set of furrows down my back (he went over my shoulder) and both my forearms. For such a tiny cat, he fought the bath more than any cat I've ever had.

Lunar: Used the P&S for pictures. In my experience, cats like to try to eat the SLR. There is no more light in my apartment, ever. My windows face south and my apartment is surrounded by trees. I don't have overhead lights anywhere except the kitchen, either.

Handruin

Administrator
I am keeping him for the time being. I have not named him yet, because I don't know if he will be a permanent addition to the household, since he's turned my other male cat into a total basket case.

So I need a name for him.

I gave him a bath last night. By myself. He still has back claws. I have a set of furrows down my back (he went over my shoulder) and both my forearms. For such a tiny cat, he fought the bath more than any cat I've ever had.

Lunar: Used the P&S for pictures. In my experience, cats like to try to eat the SLR. There is no more light in my apartment, ever. My windows face south and my apartment is surrounded by trees. I don't have overhead lights anywhere except the kitchen, either.

I just bought the speedlite 580EX for the 20D...very nice flash if you find yourself wanting light in places you don't have any. Bouncing light off the ceiling has made photos possible where they haven't been before.

ddrueding

Fixture
Why is my C:\windows\system32\DLLCache folder over 600MB? Why is C:\Windows over 2.5GB?

Server 2003.

I gave myself a 10GB OS partition, and I'm bouncing off it :(

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
My XP Pro Windows folder is 2.41 GB, the C:\windows\system32\DLLCache folder is 398 MB. And this is a new install, Nov. 2006.......

Handruin

Administrator
That actually is pretty neat. I'd love to see it in action...for the price it's neat to see on a consumer level. Maybe their next model will work with metal...now that would be even nicer.

ddrueding

Fixture
That actually is pretty neat. I'd love to see it in action...for the price it's neat to see on a consumer level. Maybe their next model will work with metal...now that would be even nicer.

My thoughts exactly; but this does allows for quick and dirty prototypes that can then be sent out for casting/milling of the final.

ddrueding

Fixture
Very pleased with myself. I happen to be in posession of a spare Opteron 185 that I'll be dropping in my primary home rig. No reason to upgrade from my existing 4200+, but it's there...tempting me ;)

ddrueding

Fixture
...damn, forgot about the whole AM2/939 thing. I'm embarrased to admit how long I stared at the pins on both chips before I figured it out.

Mercutio

It's not the same thing. Nero Digital is its own MPEG4 implementation. If you use the simple profile, anything that can play back "modern" Quicktime can play back Nero Digital as well. If you turn on the bi-directional encoding, you need a device or program/codec that is expressly compatible with Nero Digital.

ddrueding

Fixture
It's not the same thing. Nero Digital is its own MPEG4 implementation. If you use the simple profile, anything that can play back "modern" Quicktime can play back Nero Digital as well. If you turn on the bi-directional encoding, you need a device or program/codec that is expressly compatible with Nero Digital.

Thanks. I was having major audio sync issues when using ripit4me and AutoGK. Just DVDDecryptor was working fine, but something in the change broke it. Nero Recode knocked out a file that works just fine.

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
ddrueding said:
Very neat. I've been looking for such things for some time now.
The best I could find 6-months ago was $6k, used.

CNC machines? Actually, I've followed CNC machine technologies over the years and the marketplace somewhat (in recent times). I've had some semi-crazy thoughts about building my own 3-axis CNC router with a vacuum table. :eek:wneddnce:

When it comes to making wood parts for geetars and such, I know quite well how to use my spokeshaves, drawknives, planes, etc. But, I get a bit tired of doing many of the same *basic* things over and over again, and would prefer to spend a lot more of my precious time on the fine details as opposed to the basic shape.

So, therein is my need for a CNC router for building a laminated bubinga/purpleheart/bubinga neck, a body from a block of poplar, or headstock from pieces of hardrock maple that I've designed in RhinoCAD 3-D -- from which I can easily dump an IGES or DXF file via a parallel or serial interface to drive DACs that drive amplifiers that drive servo or stepper motors that in turn drive the 3-axis router (or mill -- for building brass parts).

Dïscfärm

Learning Storage Performance
My XP Pro Windows folder is 2.41 GB, the C:\windows\system32\DLLCache folder is 398 MB. And this is a new install, Nov. 2006.......

Why is my C:\windows\system32\DLLCache folder over 600MB? Why is C:\Windows over 2.5GB?

Server 2003.

I gave myself a 10GB OS partition, and I'm bouncing off it :(

My C:\windows\system32\DLLCache folder is 200 MB (201,139,996 bytes) in Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP-1.

It seems like YouTube deleted all the previous URLs to this educational video because the idiotic "copyright holder" complained about others stealing his video. In any case, here's the video from the alleged copyright holder...

Spiders On Drugz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc