Wacom Cintiq Companion 2

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Surface Pro 3 with twice the RAM, more ports and a slightly larger screen. I agree with Merc that it's probably quite nice. However, at 2500$ for the 16GB RAM model, I'm not sure it's such a good deal. IIRC, the Surface Pro 3 with similar specifications, but half the RAM, cost 2000$. 500$ for 8GB of RAM seems excessive.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Surface Pro 3 with twice the RAM, more ports and a slightly larger screen. I agree with Merc that it's probably quite nice. However, at 2500$ for the 16GB RAM model, I'm not sure it's such a good deal. IIRC, the Surface Pro 3 with similar specifications, but half the RAM, cost 2000$. 500$ for 8GB of RAM seems excessive.

It's interesting to me that there are crap-tons of people for whom 2GB RAM is probably still plenty and there are others for which 16GB isn't enough. There doesn't seem to be an in-between point.
If I were interested in something in a small form factor like that, if it came down to a Thinkpad X1, a Surface Pro or that thing, it would be a tough call. The Thinkpad could be serviced and might some day be more upgradeable than the other two, but it's still not a tablet.

Maybe the next refresh of ultra-mobile CPUs will make the choice a little easier. I'm not entirely sure how interested Microsoft is in continuing the Surface Pro lineup, but given how much SSD and screen prices have fallen in the last year or so, maybe another model with dramatically better specs and wide consumer availability will make it a more compelling option.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I want one with the art pen and airbrush pen. This would be a great off-desk companion for my Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign work.