WD 1TB 2.5"

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I have three of the new 1TB Samsungs and two external 1TB 12.5mm WD Passaports, so I'm not buying one for testing just yet.

LunarMist

Tech support has not done anything about the Samsung drive. Does anybody know when the WD drives are shipping? It is probably a long shot, but maybe they function where the Samsungs do not.

LunarMist

The drive is $130 now. I'm not sure it is worth that much. The similar Samsungs were $90 a few weeks ago. I think some of the ratings are a mistake. Unless I misssed something the product is new.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Does that mean they're so marginal at 5400rpm, that some have to be slowed to 5200rpm to pass QA?

LunarMist

The WD and the Samsung 2x500GB are gone. Weird. :smurf:

LunarMist

I finally bought one after news of the Thailand disaster. Transfer rates and higher than the Samsung and access times are better too. :) I hope it performs reasonably better in the computer.

LunarMist

Since it is a WD and will not be heavily used, most likely I won't need one. When the Samsungs die, I will dispose of them rather than attempting RMA.

LunarMist

I'm glad I bought it when I did. Price gouging has kicked in so now it is $240. :tdown: