What do we all look like

freeborn

Learning Storage Performance
Here it is folks, my two pics. In the 90s I was a ride technician. In the 00s I'm more of a computer technician. I didn't downsample the pics as much as I should so here are links for those who are interested instead of gobling the bandwidth of those who are not.

90s:
http://www.whstrain.us/sf/free90s.jpg

00s:
http://www.whstrain.us/sf/free00s.jpg

Thank you Howell for hosting these for me.

Free

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Look like a happy man.

Glasses, is this new since you work more in front of blurry CRT screens or did you simply had lens in the 90s' picture? Budget monitors are awful for eyesight.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Come to think of it, how about making this thread a "sticky"? Is it possible? Because this thread does give newcomers some info about this place...us.

What do you think people?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
I might as well put something worthwhile in here, while I'm posting.

I and 9 others got sold to another company, and now I'm working as a software designer (used to be senior test engineer). The work hasn't changed though, compared to what I've done for the past six months (Lotus Notes/Domino application design, development and testing, customer contact person, advanced support for customers Notes environment).

(This was btw the second close call within 5 months. I already got fired once in the end of january, but got hired back(onlyone from 17 people :( ). And now I got sold and probably about 20-25 people that were left behind will be out of a job soon. Damm this current state of business :cry: )

And today I got word that the psycological testing I went through last thursday (about 7 hours of testing) rewarded me with a recommendation from the psycologist to the place I'm seeking to! If everything goes well, I'll probably hear within one month if I get the job.

What's your current situation?

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Still tending the bar JoJo. Things don't change a whole lot for me. Tea doesn't help me much behind the bar anymore because she's been dragged out into the field by Tannin. He has her carry all of his heavy camera equipment around since he complains about being too old himself. I know Tea would rather be in here, but Master Tannin is a realy slave driver sometimes. Buck doesn't hang around much for drinks anymore, as a matter of fact, he hasn't ordered a drink in quite some time. I think he mentioned something about no more drinking and even some exercise. We'll have to see how that goes.

It is good that you've been able to keep a paying job, JoJo. Hopfully things will continue well for you. If money gets short, you can always start a tab with the bar. We allow that for some of our honest patrons -- you know, those that will actually pay us back.

I've noticed that quite of few of the pictures in this thread are no longer available, what a shame. Did we ever get a picture of you JoJo?

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Fine, be that way. Since the illustration of me in my avatar isn't enough, here is a photograph:

bartender.jpg

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
There should be a picture of me on page two (DON'T go there! You've been warned...!!!).

Tony told me that he was up one morning at about 4-6am and doing something with his cameras relating to nature. I think he just sent Tea out to photograph ;) and he himself slept all the way until lunch! :mrgrn:

Drinks on me Bartender!

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I updated the picture of me. This picture was taken in the park right next to Buckingham Palace in London. It is me and my girlfriend and was taken sometime in May. (I'm the one on the right)

timwhit.jpg

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Holy crap! :eek: It is too bad that so many links are gone, but there is a lot of interesting and surprising information here. With so many young faces, it makes me feel kinda old. Tony is the only one I pictured dead on.