What do we all look like

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
rickards_family.jpg

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Groltz, I despise having my picture taken. I have no idea whether that's the same boat as you, but that's my problem. For as many pictures as there are of some others, here I figure there can be one of me to share as well.

Besides, I can take it down if I want to. You'll all forget. :p
And none of you are girls, so it's not like there's anyone to impress.

ddrueding looks older than I do.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
LM said:
Yikes, scary stuff. Everyone is so young.
I belong to a different club; I guess you do as well, LM :eek:

Merc said:
I despise having my picture taken.
I do too. 98% of the time, I'm behind the camera, not in front of it.

Merc said:
Besides, I can take it down if I want to. You'll all forget.
Not likely. It's saved on my hard disk along with photos of my family and friends. And will be backed up regularly.

DD looks really cool. I can easily picture him in movies.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Mercutio said:
Groltz, I despise having my picture taken. I have no idea whether that's the same boat as you, but that's my problem. For as many pictures as there are of some others, here I figure there can be one of me to share as well.

I guess it's a different issue then. I tend to worry about the possibility of someone's malignant intentions if they obtain a photo of me.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I could have swear that I read somewhere that ddrueding was in his thirties. Anyway, being young is a good thing.

Merc, you look like a person with a good heart. There is a hint of sensibility in your gaze. People must notice it and try to be nice with you­. You are luckier than you seem to believe. I'm glad to see that you don't look like a deeply depressed guy who's about to drop out from his life. It might be the case, but it doesn't show in this picture.

Stereodude, don't fool yourself. Even though you wear glasses, everytime I read your posts about your political views, I would punch you anyway :p

Will Rickards, what the hell have you made with your hair? The one you had before, I mean. You look like a happy family. Your younger one is really cute.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
901-30-12-HH-5.jpg

Here I am back in the 90s. I wonder if Tony has been there.

ddrueding

Fixture
LunarMist said:
You don't look older - maybe a little burned out.

Quite so. I've been working full time for 8 years, 80% of that self-employed, 70% of that with permanant on-call duties. I've now had 2 proper vacations, this picture was one of them, but it wasn't exceptionally relaxing. Hopefully the next one (Italy) will be more peaceful.

paugie

Storage is cool
Good looking people, you are. And quite young.
Me, I'm my avatar with the grandson.
In my line of work, there's not much time for vacations. My wife could surely use one. She's a pre-school teacher.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm completely hopeless with faces, but aren't those shots of Howell reminiscent of Harrison Ford?

Handruin

Administrator
They do look different. Wasn't Howell's other picture from the navy, or was that a fake?

Handruin

Administrator
Exactly that. One of the reasons why I like using flickr for my own stuff.

LunarMist

That's all too computerese for me to figure out. The EFIX data is long gone by the time I flatten a typical 5-10 layer file and "save for the web."

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Back by popular request:

This picture is probably 10 or 11 years old now.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55929609@N00/145753364/

This one is about 4 years old now. About the time I visited Seattle. I just recently broke those glasses and I've lost about 15 lbs since the picture was taken. Not to mention the shave and better lighting.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55929609@N00/145753365/

Regarding the other pics, a couple of my girl friends decided I need to to care about my appearance more. So now I get $25 haircuts and use product. It's not as high maintenance as I thought it would be. And the reactions/results are definately worth it.

So far from the board Harrison Ford and James Spader have been suggested. Myheritage.com celebrity face recognition match suggests Patrick Swayze, John Ritter and John Negroponte. :D

Mercutio

Here's some pictures of my messy, messy office.
Because I have a camera. And I'm bored.

MyOffice01.jpg

Yes, I do manage to do work in this space.
Bare hardware visible (stuff not in bags or boxes) is mostly dead or too old to be useful. There are several brown boxes from Newegg in the picture and quite a lot of hardware that's still boxed up. My general strategy is to keep things as messy as possible, which gives my coworkers, people who basically have no idea what I do anyway, the impression that I'm very busy at all times (the womenfolk of my office are under the mistaken impression that, were I to become un-busy, I would make an effort to clean some of that crap up. Instead I do things like this.). :)

MyOffice02.jpg

Several of the ladies in my office have bunches of beanie babies or other cute crap arranged neatly around their desk. My stuffed animals are not cute. They are the mad gods who lay dreaming beneath the sea. Other beanies look upon them to know the face of madness and a harsh, uncaring universe.
The bust of Lenin was a gift from my brother's tour of Prague's Museum of Communism.

This is the view that I get from my desk:

Viewfrommydesk.jpg

About 15 minutes after I moved my desk into the wonderful office that I have (windowless, with no HVAC), it was decreed that spare PCs, monitors and printers would be put on shelves to be housed in my office. The people I work with swear up and down that the collection of Pentium 133s, Eight-year-old Deskjets, ISA sound cards and 4GB hard disks will come in handy some day. 90% of the crap on those shelves, I didn't put there. Most of it is asset tagged so that I can't throw it away without clearing it with our bookkeeper... who really doesn't understand that we're never going to use any of it again. Sob.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I am glad I don't have to work in that place. I can't see any windows from my cube, but at least I can talk to people that I work with and it doesn't look like a storage closet.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I could work in that office about 1 month. Can't you at least put some art on the walls? I don't see any plants either, real or fake.<shudder>

Mercutio

My living room has several fake trees and a lot of very real river rocks in it (around the trees). My office, I just don't care that much. 95% of the time if I'm in there, I'm looking at a monitor.

As far as pictures... I am really, really lame. If hanging something up requires more than a nail or poster putty, I'm probably not going to do it right.

LunarMist

Wow! What is your day job that the office can be so messy? I could not work in that environment. Is this a smaller company?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Pretty cool seeing pictures of you guys, especially Merc! Based on his description of himself I thought I would not even be able to look at the screen. Pretty normal lookin dude if you ask me.

Here's a few of my own:

a couple of me, some of our white trash party, my wifes car and my truck (can't wait to get them this September)
http://www.kevandshan.com/pics/index.htm

Here's my baby.... 2002 Intrigue. I love this car and will be sad to sell it to some lucky soul this fall. However, I need the capability of the mighty Avalanche and the innovative midgate!

60,000 miles of nothing but oil changes, a set of brakes, and a set of tires...
http://kevandshan.com/Intrigue_Gallery/nfpicturepro/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=0

If any of you guys could lower yourself to drive a GM :) I 'll give you a deal. And better yet, pictures of my actual car and LX5 engine are used in Wikipedia! :p

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Actually, based on Merc's description of himself some years ago, I thought he'd look like this: :)

Just goes to show that no matter how ugly and fat you think you are, there's always somebody, somewhere, to make you feel better. :)

wt_party_2.jpg

LOST6200

Storage is cool
I'd probably get fired and excommunicaated if I allewed anyong to tasoe the picrtyres around ghere. No ceamers with cellphonies either!

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
LOST6200 said:
I'd probably get fired and excommunicaated if I allewed anyong to tasoe the picrtyres around ghere. No ceamers with cellphonies either!
Over the years I've gotten good at understanding you, Eric, but you lost me with "tasoe".

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
mubs said:
Over the years I've gotten good at understanding you, Eric, but you lost me with "tasoe".

Huh? Don't you know anything? "Tasoe" is Eric for "to see".

Bahhh .... Don't know whgat the wolrds' cominng tO.

Adults these days..... can't even read simple Ericish.

LOST6200

Storage is cool
Waht is the meabning of PUI? I have some dehilitating probelnms, but bnever heard o that one.